Do any stores have furniture?

Hi
We have bought a place and need to furnish it, do any stores have furniture that you can take straight away or would it be easier to import as we will not be in Malta full time?
cheers, Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you posted on an old thread, I created a new discussion as from your post on the Malta forum for better visibility and interaction.

I am sure the members will provide you with useful information very soon.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

many stores have furniture, but as its new they will mostly import it so there can be delays in delivery of upto 6months... you will have to ask each store whether they can deliver your choices in your timeframe. Then its down to your own judgement as to whether you believe them or not.

Hi Ruth, I am having a slight problem understanding exactly what it is you are asking. Of course there are many furniture stores on Malta and like UK, depending upon stock levels, items may be available for immediate removal or delivery. I don't understand the relevance of the part relating to not being on Malta full time and whether to import or not. I would have thought that cost would have an influence on that. There are also many furniture outlets via Sicily or Italy and elsewhere that will supply to you out here. Perhaps you could elaborate upon your question? (Unless I'm being really thick this morning of course :) )

Poltronesofa sometimes have a floor furniture sale. Basically many stores have something in stock, usually small furniture items.

yes this is true but major pieces are usually ordered.