Re entry

i was deported from the united states 12 years ago. i now live a different life as a minister and a project manager for building projects in Lagos Niger under a new name surname that was changed by my dad, i would like to visit my younger ones in the US and have an invitation to come, what do i do?

Apply for a tourist visa under your new name.
Or contact the nearest USA Embassy for information.

Hi havilah7,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I also suggest you to have a look at the article: Traveling to the USA which might surely help.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

i thought about doing that but figured if my prints were checked for some reason it will raise unnecessary suspicion

havilah7 wrote:

i was deported from the united states 12 years ago. i now live a different life as a minister and a project manager for building projects in Lagos Niger under a new name surname that was changed by my dad, i would like to visit my younger ones in the US and have an invitation to come, what do i do?

The visa application itself asks if you were ever known by other names. You never mentioned why you were deported. This will play a significant role if you stand a chance. I worked for CBP in the past. Send me a PM if you feel more comfortable discussing it there.

If you were deported because of illegal entry in conjunction with the commission of a felony you really stand no chance.

Basically any felony committed in the US while legal or illegal is going to pretty much prevent you from being approved. Yes,  by law you are eligible to re-apply. Even if you got a visa, you would then need to reach the port of entry and meet someone like me who will instantly know your criminal history in the US upon scanning your passport and entering your visa information.. The ultimate decision of your entry into the US is the CBP officers at the port of entry. A visa just gets you to the port of entry. A felony is a red flag to the embassies and the port of entry.

Hi matt
i have sent you a mail.
does USMC stand for united states marine Corp? i used to be in a USMC program when i was younger in manhattan.