How's work life & safety for indian in nigeria

Hello friends,

I'm anu from bangalore. My husband has an offer to work in lagos for an indian based company. how safe is the place to work, as it is very important for me to take an advise before landing there. He's being asked to arrange his own accomadation in lagos..so please advise....

Hi Anu, The place is quite good. Safety .. well it is better to live with precautions than to be sorry afterwards.

The house part depends upon the package, some companies give a lumpsum, others break it down into perks. Overall package CTC is usually same as in other countries for a specific job, so you can calculate accordingly.

Hi, I am working in Lagos, Nigeria from last 2 years. For childrens very good school is available here www.ilslagos.com , Life is also overall good though not charming. Shopping complex and cinemas also availbale to spend week end. Only thing one must confirm before coming to Nigeria is about the company and its credentials. If company is good and if you r not much ambitious about career, life is overall good. About safety one must be careful and should avoid night outings.Many Indians are working here in lagos.
About saving and facilities all depend upon the company/group.

HI i am karthik

i got a offer to work in a beverage inductry in lagos,
how is the place to work

Dear All,
This is Kirti from India and I am planning to move with family to Nigeria.I will be working with Total E&P for an 2-3 years assignment in Lagos office.They provide accommodation and transport.
Since it is a big company, I believe that they will have the Security n safety arrangements for their expat employees.I shall be obliged if someone can enlighten any info on TOTAL & life in Lagos with them.

I am srikanth from hyderabad, just undergoing an interview from a company called DANA group who deals with KIA cars.I shall be obliged if someone can enlighten any info on DANA group & life in Lagos.

Kirti, U don't have a problem @all. Total is a big company and they treat their staffs with high regards.
Living in Lagos will be one of the nicest experience u can ever get in the world.
There is a whole lot of business and pleasurable activites goin on there.
So also applies to Karthik and Srikanth, except u have other personal questions to ask.

Hello!

I am considering a job offer in Lagos and would like to know about which areas I could find an apartment or house to stay. It would be nice if I could live in an Indian Expat settlement.

Thanks & bye!!!

I am Ajit, and am being offered a job in Abuja with family status. How safe is Abuja for expats and their families. Does Abuja has good Schools-Indian. Are there good medical facilities. How much do one have to spend for A 1 bhk room + food +child (3.5yrs) pre-primary schooling. Is Abuja expensive to stay with family. Could anybody guide me with info on the above.
Thanks & Regards
Ajit

Dear all, Nigeria is the most safest place for indian presently in Africa now. It all depend on your employers and their connection with Government of the country as well the embassy of your our country. We have india village, hindus temple and lots in lagos like wise in Abuja. The choice of living is on your employer.  cheers and regards.

Dear All
I am offered a Business Development job based out of Lagos . How safe is Nigeria ? Pl give your comments
Vivek

hi Vivek,

I have been Nigeria 2 times.

Nigeria is safe place. but u have to be alert.

Many Indians are staying in Illupeju area.

Best Luck.

Feel free for any further assistance.

Thanks

Parag

Hi
I am from chennai. I am getting an offer from Jotna International in Lagos, Nigeria. Pl share few information about the organisation and its culture. Being an indian, Is it a safe place for an indian family. pl guide

Hi,

Nice to hear from u.

I dont know anything about the organization

Its a safe place but u have to take some precautions.

Better u go alone first, prepare everything & then take ur family.

Many Indian families are there in area acalled Illupeju.

Feel free for any further assistance.

Thanks

Parag

Thanks !

Hi,
I have been offered a job by an indian company in lagos.I will be moving with my wife and 4 months old kid please advice if it is safe to move to logos along with family considerating the fact that my son is only 4 months old?

Dear All,

Whoever is going to Lagos whether alone or with family, please take care since I have news from my friend living in Lagos that there are current incidence of robberies & kidnapping specially with Indian people since festivals are coming within 2-3 months.

Better you  inquire in detail before u go or settle down there.

Thanks

Parag

I found job with Chevron Nigeria Ltd.Right now i am in USA so Logos is safe for working & stay with family?

Hi,

I have got offer in Nigeria, but posting of location is not yet finalized. I heard Lagos is safe, but what about other cities are they safe to live with family.

Hello Friends

I have been offered job in Platinum Corporation in Nigeria in their marketing segment. Does any one has any idea about the company and the place.

Thanks

dont come if company is not providing accmodation

it's better if company provides accommodation, at least for first few months. Rent is quite high in the better parts of Lagos and usually you pay up to 2 years rent upfront.

Hi,

I am from hderabad india,may i know how safe nigeria will be for indians.
Also please provide me how cost of living will be in nigeria.

You will need 1000 dollars if you are single and 1700 dollars if you are married with child, per month , to sustain yourself. Plus you would need a fully furnished house and car and medical for family plus school fees for child.

they dont do any Marketing anyway. They just do Selling. So this must be a sales job.

abhay 3885 wrote:

Hello Friends

I have been offered job in Platinum Corporation in Nigeria in their marketing segment. Does any one has any idea about the company and the place.

Thanks

Hi Friends,

Need your urgent help and advise on below.

I have received job offer from a telecom company in Nigeria Lagos and would like to know the following

1. They are giving me furnished accomodation with health insurance.
2. House electricity bill to be paid by me.
3. House help monthly salary to be paid by me.
4. Car with driver to be given by company
5. 3.15 Lac Naira in hand per month after taxation.
6. India saving is also good per month.

I want your help on the following

1. Can i survive in 3.15 Lac naira every month with family.
2. What will be the cost of electricity bill every month aaprox
3. What will be the cost of schooling every month in indian school as child will join junior KG.
4. What will be the cost of house help every month.
5. As i am coming with my family in March, is it safe in lagos now as i have been to Lagos earlier in 2010 for 3 months but now no idea. pls advise friends

Regards......

Dear,
It seems you are in Sharjah and why are you looking for Nigeria.
I am also got an offer in Nigeria in the same corporate. Me also searching about the living comforts in Nigeria

Regards
Praveen Menon

Hi All

I have got an offer from Al Dobowi i.e. infinity tyres form Lagos. Please let me know whether its good company and also is it safe to shift to lagos with family? They are providing accommodation and car and medical.

Hi All,

how is company keydril in lagos?
i had like to know about company credibility and reputation.
how is work life and outdoor life in place?

this website will give you cost of living expenses www.numbeo.com

Hi Stumpy,

Thank you for your information.
Do you know about company keydril?
please shed some light.

Hi, my husband might take up an assignment in Lagos. How about the schools in Lagos ? My son will be joining grade 11 IB curriculum. Would like to know more about American International school. Can gather info from their website....but just need feedback from parents who have their kids in the school

Hi!

Please suggest me about Royal Power and Energy Limited, lagos as an employer.

well, well, well so much post and questions here but I can only help if its Lagos but can still give some tips on other states, coming to Nigeria post in my box on this site or contact me [email protected]  +2348032372147

[Moderated: use your pm pls]

Hi ,

May I know how good is company C2GCONSULTING in Lagos Nigeria?

Regards,
Kishore.S

Hi ezekwe,

Maybe you can tell us how careful we should be please ? :)

Feel free to share informations here on the Lagos Forum ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi,
I am Mahendar from Hyderabad, India.
Got an offer from OLAM Internation Ltd, Lagos.
Can any one please tell about this company?

Olam is a big and reputed company with worldwide operations in commodity space. You can either google about the company or to know  more contact Olam's employees (present and past) through Linkedin

HAI, CAN ANY ONE TELL ABOUT PLATINUM GROUP OF COMAPANIES.

WHAT TYPE OF FURNISHED ACCOMMODATION PROVIDING

WHAT IS THE ANNUAL LEAVE IN NIGERIA

AFTER HOW MANY DAYS PAID RETURN TICKET IS ELIBLE IN NIGERIA

HOW IS THE WEATHER YEAR ROUND, WHAT PRECATION CLOTHES ARE REQUIRED
HOW IS INDIAN SCHOOLS RUNNING
UP TO WHAT STANDARD EDUCATION IS AVAILABLE FOR INDIANS