Question

Hi.   Are there any Brits living in sekala  ( preferably single )  ...... The reason I ask this is because I bought an apartment in Tiba Heights in Alhaya  to move into permanently .. Once there I was completely alone and isolated .... Too far from  the town etc and obviously not wise travelling back and forth alone.   I came back to the UK after just a few weeks.  I'm now considering buying in Tiba Rose in the town.. Where I have stayed on visits so therefore am more familiar.  But I realise you need people around you ( nice people )  friends.  I look forward to hearing from anyone that is considering moving to Hurghada or is there already and settled.

Kind regards
Sandra

Hi sandra,,ian here,nice to meet you,,,i will be going to hurghada in a month or so to view some property i have purchased with a view to moving there for good soon,,,i have purchased on a tiba resort but not yet completed,i would be very grateful for any and all info you may have about living in hurghada if you wouldnt mind,,i am also intending to purchase when i am there a permanent place to live,,i have seen a couple of resorts,appts online but as yet havnt committed ,  I hope you dont mind me asking,but you sound friendly enough ! lol  many thanks,,ian..x

Hi Ian,  nice to meet you too!  I am still in the UK. I did sell up and moved to Hurghada,  but after a few weeks I came back to the UK (Midlands) I had bought an apartment in Tiba Gardens Alhaya.  My daughter was living and working in Hurghada .. Had been for 3 years.  I had been visiting regularly and absolutely loved the place (staying in hotels). But once there and living in my apartment ( I am single ) I found it very lonely,  i know now I bought in the wrong location, I should have bought in hurghada town or very close to it.  Alhaya is about an hour or so from main Hurghada and i don't drive so I felt completely isolated.  I have since sold my apartment and now my daughter is back .. otherwise I think I would have tried once more.  I like how inexpensive it is to live.. I could have lived quite comfortably its roughly £11.00 sterling to the egyptian pound.  You have to watch the egyptians when when making purchases!  There are english and egyptian prices.  And lots of sob stories in order to get your money. I was lucky I had an egyptian son-in-law to look out for me.  On the whole the egyptians are nice friendly people.  I  struggled with the food but not enough to put me off!

Who are you buying your apartment through?  You have to be very carefull Ian.  I bought mine through Red Sea Way and used their Lawyer and it was quick and straight forward.  I know a few people that have been conned and lost thousands!  Anyway Ian if you need to know anymore just drop me a line and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards
Sandra

Thanks for reply Sandra, I have bought first appt at the tuba resort its a quet area but that's what I wanted through a company from place in the sun website called go investment,I did a lot of homework and its all good so far. But to live I will buy in hurghada town I think. But I intend to go for a month round April to have a look open bank acct etc. and look for a business opportunity maybe! Was it overdeveloped there or not yet?  Ian