EReader (kindle or nook) - Where to find?

Hello Everyone,
Recently i tried to buy both a kindle and then a nook off their respective websites. Both failed due to warranty issues for electronics when shipping.

I guess i have to find one around shops in Mauritius itself.

Anyone know where could i procure myself an eReader?

Dear bananaa,
I understand your worries about warranty, but maybe you should try to buy eReader on ebay. They always care about good delivery and pack all purchases very well. Also you can return your item if you not satisfied or if anything wrong with it.
As I'm a huge fan of reading, I came in Mauritius with my eReader, but unfortunately it broke. I tried unsuccessfully to find a workshop where I can repair or shop where I can buy a new reader.
All what I found in local shops were tablets, and all of course with illuminated screen. But what is the best in good eReader - it's this e-ink technology without extra light. It gives comfort to your eyes and feeling as you read a book.
So my advice to use ebay. And think about, if you have a warranty will you really send it back to another country if something happend with eReader while you use it here?
Anyway I wish you good luck in your research and will glad to know if anybody already bought eReader in local shops.

Dear Olga17,
I agree it is very probable that it would be unavailable in local shops and since most electronics cannot be shipped due to warranty issues, eBay might just be my last resort.

Thanks for your advice.

If however anyone knows where could i find one locally, do let me know. Thanks.