Thoughts about moving to Netherlands.

Hi there to all.
The last two years I have been strongly considering the possibility of moving from Greece to the Netherlands, or at least to go there live for some time (maybe some months or a year) and decide if I want to stay more or not.
There are so much things that concern me so I don't really know where to start!
I think the first thing to take care of (even before getting a job) is accommodation. What do you suggest? Is there a chance to find a house around 60-70 sq.m. with a backyard somewhere not-to-far-from Amsterdam? I don't really want a house near the center of the city. But I want to have easy access to transportation and getting to Amsterdam relatively quickly.
What about jobs? I have lots of working experience (8 years) as a software engineer and I am currently a student of computer science. Would it be easy to find a job in Amsterdam in my profession? What about salaries?
I want to earn enough money for paying at least my rent, my bills, my living (food+clothes+transpartation+no smokes, thankfully I recently quited smoking). How much money is it? (I would like to have some answers from people that already live there and know from first hand...)
Thank you for your time and I'm looking forward for your answers!
--Giannis

I don't live in the netherlands but I know a lot about it because my older sister grew up there and she still lives there, but in amsterdam or around amsterdam, accommodation is not too hard to find but first u gotta get a job and if u are european then u don't have a problem, and i know that amsterdam is in high demand for professionals in the IT or Software Engineering sector so just google any topic such "software or IT jobs in the netherlands" and it would lead you to a lot of sites.