Question about exit/entry date

my visa does not expire until the march 14. I can only
Be in china for a max 90 days so I have to exit and re enter to start a new 90 day cycle so my initial 90 day is up on the 30th, but i want to exit/enter before the 30th. Is that OK or do I have to re enter after the 30th? I am not extending or applying for a new visa. I have multiple entry. From my understanding every time you enter and exit china a new 90 day cycle starts, is that correct?

for my own opinion.. leave on 29th and back in following month for another visa i dont know exactly but ur 90 days visa is good for one then if u leave and come back again i think u need to renew another visa

anyone else has actual experience with this?

musicgrrrl wrote:

From my understanding every time you enter and exit china a new 90 day cycle starts, is that correct?

No.  Not at all.  If you have a 90 day visa, it's good for 90 days total.  It does not reboot just because you leave the country.

i got it figured out, i think i may have confused you two. I have a 6 month visa with a max 90 day stay each visit. So every 90 days i have to leave and re enter china. My actual visa does not expire until 2014 but if i ever stay in china for more than 90 days i would get fined once i left. A new 90 day cycle does start every time you leave and re enter. It doesn't add days on my actual visa just means I have new cycle until i have to do this dumb exit/re entry thing

OMG

Everyone is confused it seems

90 days is the maximum # of days you may remain in China on your visa. Meaning you have to exit at least once within those 90 days. And yes your 90 day stay reboots as soon as you re-enter China. You can stay outside of China as long as you want and then return. You can exit and re-enter daily.

What you cannot do… is stay within China for more than 90 days consecutively and stay beyond your total visa stay of 6 months.

Other than that… you're free to go in and out of China all you want!

For example; I left China on September 1st crossing over into Hong Kong. I smoked a cigarette, used the facilities on the HK side and then returned into China within 30 minutes. Now I'm good to stay in China for 90 day, lets say November 28 to be safe… coz its not 3 months… its 90 days.
But if I decide to leave before November 28th… lets say November 1st and return November 3rd… then I'm ok to stay in China 90 days from Nov. 03…

Simple as that

Kris.. confused?

When in doubt, you can always ask the people who work in the actual government visa office.  They know the real answers rather than just opinions.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

When in doubt, you can always ask the people who work in the actual government visa office.  They know the real answers rather than just opinions.

My response is based on 3 years of having to exit and re-enter on a schedule. When I first arrived I had a 6 month visa with 30 day stays... every 30 days or less I had to exit the country and could legally stay in China for a total of 6 months. Now it doesn't matter how long I stayed out of China... so long as I exited. Later I got myself a 12 month visa with 90 day stays and again the same nonsense of having to exit within 90 days this time for a year...

I've been through the Futian border crossing so often... security is beginning to say "hi" to me and one customs officer commented; I'm better looking in real life than my photo. So I asked her out on a date while she processed my passport book. She thanked me and told me she is married... I replied... "you didn't say no"... and went on through to HK hahaha...

My comment isn't hear-say, it's experience.

Kris...

Yes,K is an expert:D

Berry

That may be your experience, but most people living legally in a foreign country don't have to leave every 30 days.

There's no reason people should be told not to talk to those who actually approve visas, but there are a million reasons not to trust illegal visa agents.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

That may be your experience, but most people living legally in a foreign country don't have to leave every 30 days.

There's no reason people should be told not to talk to those who actually approve visas, but there are a million reasons not to trust illegal visa agents.

I think we're getting off topic here. The original question by musicgrrrl was
"I have multiple entry. From my understanding every time you enter and exit china a new 90 day cycle starts, is that correct?"

The answer to musicgrrrl is simply "yes"...

Kris N wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

"I have multiple entry. From my understanding every time you enter and exit china a new 90 day cycle starts, is that correct?"

K...

Never debate with Haileyin.She is invincible.You should know that.:lol:

Berry

If by invincible you mean likes to warn people about illegal visa agents and their sock puppets, then you are correct.

:D

Berry

berrylew wrote:
Kris N wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

K...

Berry

I just know to never argue with a woman on any subject... I say what I think and then take my beating like a man and move on...

Kris

Kris N wrote:
berrylew wrote:
Kris N wrote:

K...

Berry

I just know to never argue with a woman on any subject... I say what I think and then take my beating like a man and move on...

Kris

Yes,I think we both get the point.

"take my beating like a man and move on..."Sounds good.:D

Berry

Why would a visa agent want to personally attack someone who warns people about illegal visa agents?  I can think of a reason.