Advice on renting in Rabat

I think I have found an apartment in Rabat and I need some advice. A friend has found me an apartment in l'Océan. I have not seen the apartment yet. All I know is that it is a three room furnished apartment. I am meeting with the landlord tomorrow afternoon. The rent is 1200DH a month and I have to pay two months deposit. Is that normal? What do I need to know about rental agreements, etc.? I rented a house in lQariat Ba Mohammed in 1973 and I think I paid a deposit of one month and I did not have a lease, but I am sure things have changed since then.

Hi FrancophileDavid,

I invite you to read the following article on the accommodation in Rabat which might surely be helpful.

I am sure the members will also provide you with some useful information.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I have to renew my carte sejour. I was wondering if anyone knew a cheap flat in Rabat I could get a rental contract asap. If everything could be done tomorrow that would be great. Please let me know.

I have to renew my carte sejour. I was wondering if anyone knew a cheap flat in Rabat I could get a rental contract asap. If everything could be done tomorrow that would be great. Please let me know.
-@masked_wanderer

You have posted on an old (2013) thread, so I suggest you open a new one.

You could check the housing section at the top of this page.