Before coming i would like to clarify some queries.. pls help

Hi,
This is Veena from Mumbai.I got opportunity for Oslo location.
We ( me & spouse) are planning to move in coming month in Jan.Before coming i would like to clarify some queries, Could you please help me.

1. Office location is Lysaker in oslo. I heard it's costly place. So Near by areas of this location (half an hour Journey distance)
at what MINIMUM cost of range we can get 1BHK?

2. Per month how much we need to spend approximately? 15k NOK is enough, can we survive?( food + rent)

3. company is providing work-permits to me,...But for my spouse to get work-permits what we NEED to do?

4. What kind of things necessary to Bring? ( fridge, washing machine,kitchen set up....etc) i heard most of the flats are semi-furnished.

Thanks
Veena

Bonjour Veena,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Olso Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hello,

1) It is indeed expensive, and I don't think moving 30 minutes away would lower the price significantly.

2) I would expect the rent alone to be around 10,000 NOK per month. You might be able to get something a bit lower. If you live modestly, you could perhaps survive on 15,000 per month in total.

3) You can read about visa requirements at www.udi.no

4) You will have to see what is included with your apartment and the delivery costs. Things here are expensive, so brining things with you might be a good idea. There may be a limit on how much you can bring in without having to pay a tax though.