Medications

Are all about the same medications available in the USA also available in Thailand? Hw does the costs compare?

DonŽt know the USA price.

But Danish price and Thai price i know about, so i give you my information on that.
If i want the same product and company name of my medicine like back home in Denmark, it cost more here in Thailand, as Thailand have to import that.

But i change all my medicine to medicine made in Asian country, and my price have drop from 5.000-6.000 baht to around 1.200-1.500 baht for my medicine.
I check with Thailand doctor on a private hospital about change my medicine first, and double check it with my Danish doctor, because i read many bad thing about doctor and medicine here in Thailand, But they say go do it, it be stupid of me, not to change. and here some years later, i am happy about it.

My medicine is for blood pressure, hearth, and Goat (rheumatism), Allergy and to get water out of body.

All ways check with a "Real" doctor if want to change brand of medicine.
And if have the option, recheck it with you USA doctor.

gworsham wrote:

Are all about the same medications available in the USA also available in Thailand? Hw does the costs compare?

As the previous poster eluded too generic(made in Thailand) medicines are much cheaper than imported ones. Most meds you get in the US are available here.

That said check with your GP(your US doctor)and make sure you are happy.

Incidentally in Thailand apart from some very strong opiate type pain killers you do not require a prescription for medicines. Thai pharmacies are very good although they might try to sell you a more expensive version of a drug ;-)

Finding apharmacy in Thailand.