Any good university

Hi you all

I would wonder if anyone has experience with universities on the Philies? I am thinking about studying an extra masterdegree in social sciences (international politics or development). It is not for right away, at least still a year but I just want to be prepared as good as I can be. I have also gathered info about universities in other countries in East Asia (Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, ...).

Which one would/could you recommend? And I think there is, like with other countries, a hughe difference between the public and private ones?

Thanks

Ateneo manila , university of the philippines thats the best

Thanks Jeovy,
I am looking into it.
Grtz

guess it depends on your budget and which schools offer that course   ,there is dela salle university  in ermita manila or there are many that study in dumaguete city not much idea about the schools there.

tomv86 wrote:

Hi you all

I would wonder if anyone has experience with universities on the Philies? I am thinking about studying an extra masterdegree in social sciences (international politics or development). It is not for right away, at least still a year but I just want to be prepared as good as I can be. I have also gathered info about universities in other countries in East Asia (Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, ...).

Which one would/could you recommend? And I think there is, like with other countries, a hughe difference between the public and private ones?

Thanks

Well I would personally recommend the UCL, University College London, it's an excellent school with an excellent program.

Rice University in Houston Texas, excellent program.

And a state or non-private school University of Texas at Austin, is also an excellent program.

Columbia University, New York.

West Virginia University, West Virginia. Non private.

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, California.  Non Private.
Singapore Univ.

Lots of non-private state schools in the USA are top flight....

(Any) of the University of California campuses.

UC Berkley. The University of California

UC San Diego. The University of California

UCLA, University of California Los Angles.

To just pick up a couple of extra master's degrees, I sincerely recommend any of these, I promise you they'll keep you off the streets, both day and night. 

University of South Africa Pretoria.

Silliman University Dumaguete Philippines

Rankings[edit]
In a 2007 report released by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Silliman University was ranked 4th in the country, following three schools of the University of the Philippines (UP) namely, UP-Diliman, UP-Los Baños, and UP-Manila, which ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Universitas Athenaea Manilensis- Ateneo, with it's famous graduates...

I'm sure Singapore would have a top flight program, Shanghai too...

rr -did u read the post?  looking for university in philippines

greenetravel wrote:

rr -did u read the post?  looking for university in philippines

Oh!

""I have also gathered info about universities in other countries in East Asia (Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, ...).""

I think this must be the part that threw me around the globe.

Oh well, maybe someone else will see a Univ, they fancy. Out there....

Also, I think there's a Catholic Univ. in Manila, that's older, ie around the same age as The University of Santo Domingo, in the DR. (I think) they got started around the same time, back in the days of the explorers. Memory's not what it used to be....

It might be worth looking into.

Thanks for the correction.

Cheers.

If you're staying in Metro Manila, you could look into:

Ateneo De Manila University
Private Jesuit-run School located in Quezon City
I completed my undergrad here in 1992. Probably the most expensive when it comes to tuition. A smaller student population compared to other univeristies. General impression: conservative school as it is run by religious, campus is more secure, curriculum on social sciences focused more on theory (at least for undergrad courses). Very tough admission exams.

University of the Philippines (UP)
Public / State-run School located in Diliman in Quezon City
I went here too for my MBA (which I didn't complete). Much much cheaper than Ateneo. The campus is not as secure as Ateneo as many of its roads are open to public transportation. My impression that the faculty is more well rounded, with a more liberal / progressive approach. (But could be too liberal at times. You might end up a student activist. LOL.)

DeLa Salle University
Private School located in Manila
I haven't taken classes here. (And my classmates from Ateneo would likely disown me if I did. LOL.) It is also considered as one of the top schools in the Philippines.

Siliman university is good and the place is one if my favorite place in the philippines its not like manila very crowded, in siliman the island is very nice, the culture is nice,  a lot of xpat living there and for your free time you can go diving in nearby islands and climb in mt malindang or have coffe or tea or have a cold beer in the bars and reataurant in the boulivard...

Thanks for the posts everyone, you really helped me with your advice and suggestions(some more then others ... haha). Thanks!

kindly try la salle, ateneo de manila or aim here in phils.

bonjour j'habite cebu cebu ici il y a une universiter reputee ou tou nationnaliter la freqente c'est tous ce que je peux te dire mais elle est reputee bonne soiree

@christianvianin - would you mind posting in English on the English Forum pls :)