Any ideas what to bring to make a quick buck?

Hi Everyone,

Well I'm doing it. Booked my flight over to the PI for Thursday.

Anyone out there have any ideas what I might be able to bring that might yield me a quick profit in the Philippines.

Laptops?
corned beef?
anything that has more value in the PI then in the states?
Some shoes?

Thanks everyone. I'm a little short on money and trying to make it stretch.

yeah, branded stuff. they go crazy with american brands. bags mostly. but lowest is like "coach".

actually u can make it a business. collect orders and use balikbayan box. many people make a living like this. children baby needs also. american brands best seller

Send popular brand name toys like Fisher Price, Barbie, and brand name baby stuff such as Graco, Chicco, Avent via door-to-door balikbayan box. (Don't send via FedEx or USPS, as you will be charged by customs.)

Just to give you an idea of how much toys cost here:
Fisher Price Stride-to-Ride Lion
In the US, $40 retail; I got it for $25 on sale at amazon.
In the Philippines, 5k pesos.

Graco Stroller with Car Seat
In the US: Around $120 or less
In the Philippines: 12k pesos.

A BPA-free Avent set that's sold on retail in the US for $40 can be found here for 3k pesos.

Unlocked smart phones. Older ipads, mini's etc.

Most of the items I see listed here are good but are also available already in many places. Trouble with trying to bring items is that you may be charged duty at the airport by customs. Also, trying to sell things here is or would be considered as working. Working without a work permit can get you arrested and deported. Not worth the risk. This is a great country for retirement but not to make money in usually...

Some electronic goods.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will have a couple boxes shipped my way and get into importing for now as a way to sustain this new life here.

Cheers

Wife is a Pinay so hopefully she can do it. I will have her look into a permit though. I don't want to piss off any Bureaucrats here lol.

So what did you bring and/or send and how did you make out selling said items?  Maybe I could send you more.