Bars and clubs!

Hey!I was wondering, maybe some of you have experience with this! How easy/hard is to find a job in bar/club here in Budapest? I don't speak Hungarian, so the job could be just cleaning the tables or something like that.
Are bars/clubs open midded to Expats who just go there and ask for job and how big chance is to get one?
Maybe someone of you have experience with this and can give me some advice?

Aija

You can give it a try. I think in town English speaking labor may come handy even despite the lack of Hungarian knowledge. Really depends on the manager. Don't try the too posh ones but rather small locals in town. If I were you, I would absolutely try to make it behind the counter rather than cleaning tables because there's chance to it I think. However finding an "official" job of the kind might become somewhat more complicated. Keep me up-to-date :)

Good luck!

Feri

Hi Aija,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you post your resume in the Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in Budapest section please as it might help :)

Good luck with job hunting !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

i reckon target hostels, many of them have bars, and they don't really need hungarian there. I know Retox and Grandio have bars, also there is a hostel closer to vaci that has a decent sized bar.

Tnx a lot! Really useful! ;)
I didn't really thought about hotel bars, but I think it is good idea to try! I mean, they are full with English speaking tourists!
I will let you know how it goes!