Visa Extension

Hie there. I came to Chian on a tourist Visa at the invitation of friends. My Visa expires on the 3rd of December but I would like to change it to an F one. What is the procedure? Can I hire agents to do it? Are there any reliable agents out there. I am in Beijing.

alphakilo wrote:

Hie there. I came to Chian on a tourist Visa at the invitation of friends. My Visa expires on the 3rd of December but I would like to change it to an F one. What is the procedure? Can I hire agents to do it? Are there any reliable agents out there. I am in Beijing.

Hi Alphakilo,
I am working for a visa agency.Extending your L visa should be your first choice.There is no such thing called Changing L visa into M visa(it was called F visa before).If you want to get an M visa then you should leave China during the process,it's inconvinient.For L visa extension,it's not hard,prepare documents they need and a good reason for why you want this extension.If you have problems in preparing documents or comunicating with officers then you can ask some agency for help.The fee won't be too high for L visa extension.
Hope this helps.
Berry

I didn't mention that I am in Shanghai.Good luck:P

Berry

Hi Berry.
Thanks for the info. It means my L visa can be extended whilst I am in China then? Also how long before my visa expires should I start the whole process. Thanks

Hi Alphakilo,
Mostly,we advise customers to apply for the extension five days ahead of the day the visa will expire.L visa can be extended twice in principle.But you can get the second extension only if you are lucky enough.It would be better for you to check for some information about what documents you should prepare for the application in the immgration bureau.Officers don't work on the weekends.
Berry:D

alphakilo wrote:

Can I hire agents to do it?

You can, but China is famous for its armies of illegal agents that will do and say anything to get your money and leave you without a visa.

The actual visa office run by the actual government has people there that can answer your questions and help.  Not only are they completely legal, but they're the people who legally give you your visa.