English Gate Academy

Any information on this company as an employer? Any current or past employees on this site with information?

Well, they have both a LinkedIn and Facebook presence.  Have you checked the teacher's forum at Dave's ESL Cafe?

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=29

Alliecat,

First- I love the picture. Second, I forgot my password on Dave's and it's been two months so far and they have not replied to my request for a new one. I must admit I have only asked three times a day for two months.

RowdyRoo wrote:

Alliecat,

First- I love the picture. Second, I forgot my password on Dave's and it's been two months so far and they have not replied to my request for a new one. I must admit I have only asked three times a day for two months.

Yeah, ole Davie is a bit pokey LOL  Can you just set up a new account?

Did you ever get any information about English Gate in Riyadh?  I have read some negative comments, but I want to check it out a little more.

Thanks for any information you have.

I was due to leave the States on January 3rd but no ticket came my way. Based on this and the fact no one has contacted me since Early December, I am finish with them. They seems very professional but the last month things got dodgy.

Thanks.  I have a Skype interview this evening and I am not leaning one way or the other.  I am clearly not impressed, and I've heard/read some things that concern me... So, I dunno.  Thanks.

Issue 1...They will not tell you where you will teach until you get to Bahrain. The Western providence is very conservative and that is hard on first time visitors to the Magic Kingdom.(KSA). You stand out more in this region. The Eastern Providence( Dammam, and Jubail) are more liberal and have many more people from the USA, Europe, South Africa, and other western countries.

Issue 2...Communications. It was all great until December and the ball dropped. I am not totally free of lame here and don't want you to think it's all one sided. I should have written more and Skyped my contact when no communications were occurring. The websites you will be asked to use normally don't work. The requested information they want from these websites may or may not arrive to you or to them. This is common in KSA. I am not sure why.

Overall, they are good people but some things they do are dodgy IMHO.

How did the interview go?