Expat-blog Meet Up Part IV: Winter Edition

Hello all,

It has been a while since the last Expat-blog meet-up was organised in Ramadan so I thought it's time to organise another one. This time, Gioxx and I are hosting the fourth edition of Expat-blog meeting. Agenda as follows:

Date: 28/11/2013, Thursday, 8PM. For those who wish to eat, dinner orders will start at 8:30.
Location: Block 338, Building 947, Road 3830 | Block 338, Adliya, Manama 338, Bahrain
Outdoor seating area. Please be prepared in case it gets quite chilled at night.

You need to let us know your attendance by 25 November Monday if you are coming as tables will be booked according to the number of people coming. If we don't hear back from you by then, you will risk not being able to join the crowd as places get very busy on Thursdays.

It is an informal event to help new expats in Bahrain meet up the existing ones and have their questions answered.

For those who wish to party after dinner (probably at about 11:30PM), we have some ideas in mind but this will be shared at a later date.

Past events have proven to be successful and helped many expats to meet new friends.

So, who is coming?

Jack (brightonguy) and Gio (Gioxx).

Hey guys,

This sounds to be fun and i would hav loved to be a part of this event but unfortunately i'll be cumin to bahrain by the end of nov...newaz hope to be a part of such events in the future..

Hav fun guys

Great idea brightonguy, I'll be there, put me down for two places.

Great! See you there!

@Syed: I am sure we will do it again! ;)

@Syed, these events happen occasionally and certainly another one will happen early next year and we will be looking forward to seeing you.

Time is running out people. Who else is coming? We have about 15 people out of this forum who will be joining the event - mixture of expats and locals so it will be good for you to join and meet new people.

Now there are 19 (including me and you!)

Hello everyone!

This is the first time I'm posting on this blog (woohoo! finally!). I'd like to join you all along with my wife and maybe tag a friend along :)

Seem to have totally missed this thread!!  Brightonguy - I may come (alone) as Mr Scottrace is on one of those famous neverending lockdowns for visa's and iqama's :nothappy:

Thanks Tracey. Looking forward to seeing you :)

:-( Its thanksgiving. Cant make it

Hello chunks!! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

hi Brightonguy! how r u bro? im Hamad 28 from Bahrain. im really interested to join ur social gathering as im looking forward to meet new peoples so i wonder where is ur place exactly located? can i have ur mobile no plz?

Thanks
Hamad

Hello Hamad,

You can put Block 338 on Google Maps and will show you the location. If you get lost, ask anyone on the way and most likely people will direct you to the location.

We are about 30 people so far. It's going to be a great night.

I am actually now going to a leaving party but its at 338 too so will still be there (sort of!)

no problem i can find this place so after i arrive this place so how do i find u and ur group peoples?

Hi HamadM, table is booked under Expat-blog name. Someone will bring you to the right table ;)

Wish I could be there. But I will most probably be out of town. :(

Have fun all :)

Hello all,

A set menu is secured for those who wish to eat and drink at a cheaper price compared to the one you would pay had you ordered the items below from the main menu.

For 10 BD Net Inclusive, you can have:

Choice of one of the following:
- Trio of beef burger,
- Trio of Chicken Burger
- Trio of Burger (Chicken, Beef, Vegetarian)
- Selection of pizzas (Chicken BBQ, Tomato Mozzarella, Veneziana, etc.)
- Selection of salads (will submit full list when finalized)

With one of the following:

- 2 glasses of house wine (red, white & sparkling)
- 2 bottles of beer (Sol, Bud, Amstel light, Heineken)
- 2 House cocktail (Florida Skies, Classic Mojito, Cosmo, etc.)
- 2 Mixers (House spirits)

You don't have to eat or drink at all to join the event. You also don't have to order the set menu. You can simply have a look at their menu and order what you wish. But the above will cost cheaper compared to a standard order.

Each order will be made against the attendees name and you will be billed accordingly.

As mentioned before, the food orders will be taken at 8:30PM so if you are willing to eat, please try to be there on time.

A huge thanks to Gioxx for securing the deal above.

We aim to leave 338 at about 11PM and head to Ibrida Bar in Ramee Hotel & Spa in Seef (opposite Seef Mall) for some partying. For those who wish to attend, feel free to join us.

The total number will be around 30 people. You can bring your friends if you like.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

brightonguy I just want to say u doing great job in organizing , and I wish I can be with you guys but I am now in freezing London:(

wish you all have nice dinner or lunch

Cheers for all )