Clinical trial sector in Calgary

Hi,

I would like to ask how are the job opportunities like in the clinical trial sector in Calgary. Are they rare to come by? Is it difficult for a foreigner to get a job in the hospital, such as in the area of clinical trial management?

To deviate a little from the subject title, I have two options in mind on getting the "canadian work experience" as required by many employers for foreigners:
1. Join the working holiday programme for a year.
2. Join a graduate programme in the university.

Any thoughts on which option would be a better way for me to break into my desired industry of clinical trial management in Canada?

I am a fresh graduate, currently working in a pharmaceutical company in Singapore as a project coordinator. Did a 4 month student exchange programme in Calgary, and am very inspired to live there since.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.

Regards,
Nicole
Singapore

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have created a new topic specify to your questions on the Calgary forum for more visibility.

Thank you,
All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hi Nicole,

Have you contacted the Human Resources Department of any of the multinational pharmaceutical companies in Singapore to see if they can help you with placement in their Canadian operation? If they can't do so directly, perhaps they can at least put you in touch with the right people in HR in Canada.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team