Close

Playing social football in Nairobi

Hi there, my name is Dave. I am a football writer heading down to Nairobi in the next month or so for a three month stay (initially). I play football three days a week in London (mainly over 35s) and I am keen to play social football or even join a five-a-side team.
I don't have any real connections in the city and it would be great if anybody could give me a few tips on venues etc. Maybe some of you are already part of a team? Hopefully you have time to get back to me. Cheers Dave

Hello Dave,

There are a number of social football clubs in Nairobi with professionals who use them as a chance to stay fit. You may want to consider the Parklands Sports Club that has a weekly match. I dont think you have to be a member to play, but you can find that out.

There is also a team that plays in Gigiri, at the Shell field. Lots of expats play there and you may be able to find out about it through your Embassy.

Regards,
Rachel

Hi Rachel, thanks for the information. I will certainly act on it when I arrive in early January. Really appreciate your help. Cheers Dave

Hi Dave,

It will also depend in which area you will be living as traffic in Nairobi can be hectic.

I know of two teams who play Thursdays after work weekly, near Spring Valley, not too far from Westlands and another in Kilimani not too far from Yaya, who play weekends. Should you be living closer to these areas, I can give you the contact numbers of one of the team members.

All the best

Thanks very much for the information ... it's really appreciated. Looking forward to my arival in a coulpe of weeks. Cheers Dave

hey.. mind sharing the contacts of the team playing at Kilimani.. i work near there and would like to throw that in with my exercise regimen.

non4me :

Hi Dave,

It will also depend in which area you will be living as traffic in Nairobi can be hectic.

I know of two teams who play Thursdays after work weekly, near Spring Valley, not too far from Westlands and another in Kilimani not too far from Yaya, who play weekends. Should you be living closer to these areas, I can give you the contact numbers of one of the team members.

All the best

Hi it's Dave hear ... thanks for the information. Would it be possible to give me the contact details for the Spring Valley guys who play on Thursdays and also the weekend matches you mentioned. Hope that's possible .. cheers

i hope u got the team that you actually wanted,, however u need to do some roaming around spring valley i stay past there

Hi,

I am currently living in Westlands.
Could you share the contact details of these teams with me.

Thanks

Aditya

Hi Guys,

I am new in Nairobi and would like to play some football. Could I please get the contact details from the Guys playing in Kilimani!

Thanks

Hi Dave, kindly share the contacts for the two football teams in Spring valley and Kilimani? will most appreciate

regards

Hi there. Would be really keen to get the contact details of any football teams in Nairobi. Staying in Kilimani at the moment but happy to travel for a good game.

Cheers,

Tom

News?

Hi I am living in Westland do they still have a team here and do u have contact details to play..

Hi dave you still need to know more about football in Kenya

Expatriate health insurance in Nairobi

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Nairobi

Moving to Nairobi

Find tips from professionals about moving to Nairobi

Travel insurance in Nairobi

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Nairobi

Flights to Nairobi

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Nairobi