Philippines disaster

My heart goes out to everyone in/ from the Philippines during this difficult time. Don't know what to make of it. It's just terrible.

oldfashionedjames wrote:

My heart goes out to everyone in/ from the Philippines during this difficult time. Don't know what to make of it. It's just terrible.

why so?
what is your diff. time?

Dbee best you read the international news then edit your post. Tough tough times over there.

I'll add my heartfelt best wishes as well

As Luke says tough tough times, big storm blew communities away.

lukereg wrote:

Dbee best you read the international news then edit your post. Tough tough times over there.

Oh iya Luke..

In case any of you would like to contribute to the relief efforts, go to www.redcross.org.ph/donate.

Was pretty involved earlier today since i have friends there... this might shed some light on where else to go if you want to help:
http://us.cnn.com/2013/11/09/world/iyw- … r_facebook

How're your friends coping over there? Hopefully they were not in the areas where Haiyan had hit the hardest.

oldfashionedjames wrote:

Thank you for your concern to my home country. We Filipino teachers in Jakarta are also thinking of ways on how to help the victims of the storm surge.

Glad to help promote solidarity for that's what the world truly needs right now. Meanwhile, I just found out today that China, despite being the second largest economy, has chipped in with only 2mil dollars to help out. That's even less than what Coca Cola and Ikea have contributed. I don't care about diplomatic dispute. This disgusts me.

So true...