Recently moved to São Paulo - looking to make new friends!

Hello all!

I recently relocated with work from Cincinnati, OH to São Paulo and am now living in the Jardins area (near O Malleys for all you Irish pub lovers...). I have made some local friends already and am actively learning Portuguese, but would love to hear any advice or experiences you have in getting acclimated (good restaurants, bars, etc). Let me know if you're interested in grabbing a pint sometime!

Jonathan

Hello! I'm going to move to sao paulo recently with my boyfriend! Are Portuguese! This place and good to live? When is the rent? Kind regardes

http://infinityperformingarts.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/welcome.gif Hello Jonathan,
On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board. I hope your participation on the forum will be both enjoyable and informative.

I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi Jonathan, I'm living in Jardins too. I can help you with some tips, if you want. Welcome to our country!

Olá Accardoso, você fala português? Posso te ajudar com algumas dicas, se quiser. Até mais!

Hello Vanessa,

http://marelisbrum.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bem-Vinda.jpg

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, seja bem-vinda.

Hope you make lots of new buddies here!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Olá Van_2013!

Falo português sim ! Tudo bem? Obrigado!

Estou pensado em me mudar para São Paulo, grande mudança !

Estou a tirar o curso de direito e tenciono termina lo aí, e estagiar ao mesmo tempo! Tenho um estágio remunerado em acordo, por isso estou a analisar todas as hipóteses!

Já ouvi todo tipo de opiniões por isso e difícil xD vou ganhar perto de dois mil reais! e espero que me namorado arranje um estágio idêntico!

Alguma dica especial!?

Muito obrigado

http://www.johnwenke.com/wp-content/uploads/english-only-zone-298x300.pngHello Acccardoso,
Out of consideration for all of our members would you kindly post in ENGLISH ONLY in this Anglophone forum.

If you wish to post in the Portuguese language you may access the Brasil Fórum by clicking on the Portugal/Brazil flag icon in the green banner at the top of the page.

Please refer to the Brazil Forum Code of Conduct section regarding language:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=164702

Your cooperation and understanding are appreciated.

Cheers,

is it hard to live in San Paolo for me as I dont really know even just basic native language there?

vilma

Hey, as a fellow Filipino in SP it is hard to get around alone without knowing some Portuguese. I am currently self studying through a Pt coursebook so I can be more confident walking the streets of this large city. Hope you enjoy your stay in SP

Speaking Portuguese anywhere in Brazil is essentially important since you'll find very few people anywhere that speak English with any kind of fluency.

You can't get through most day-to-day situations without Portuguese. One big advantage of learning at least basic conversation in Portuguese is that you'll find it much easier to make new friends here. Brazilian are very impressed when a foreigner shows enough respect for the population to try and learn at least some of their language. It will score you lots of points here.

Cheers,

Hey girls, I'm brazilian and I'm fluent in english. I can help you with get around here, let me know if you need anything.
Welcome to this crazy city!
Vanessa

If you know Portuguese, itŽs easy to get around. In some sense, for most Brazilians an American/Canadian/Mexican/etc is a Brazilian that did not learnt Portuguese yet. If you donŽt, youŽll be likely get lost.

IŽm dating a girl that wants to learn English, so, I want to meet with foreigners in São Paulo. We can speak in both languages, one helps the other.

By the way,travelling to countries where you donŽt speak anything of the official language of the natives is a really bad idea.

hi, i am looking to visit sao paulo next month beginning, so looking to make some english speaking friends there.
if you somebody coluld help around

Hey,

It has been 2 months for me in Sao Paulo and i am enjoying this city.

I am from India and like making new friends and exploring new places.

We can catch up sometime if you want.

You can contact me on my email [email protected]

Regards,
Saurabh

a pinay in Brasil, how u doing overthere?

Hey Jonathan,
Not sure if you are still around, but let me know if you are still looking for friends in Sao Paulo!! We are watching the World Cup games so it might be a good opportunity to grab a beer!!! :)
See ya!

Hello my brother Johnathan .
I am pastor Edward from Kenya, am a kenyan and married with 3 children, i am in my country kenya, i will be coming for a confrence in Sao paulo on 2nd of Dec for a week and return home around 12th Dec.
Since I already have a visa, i would like to visit and stay with a godly family (speaking english) in Sao for at least one week or two weeks before i join the confrence and return hom on 12 Dec, i will appreciate your help or hosting.

Jls436 wrote:

Hello all!

I recently relocated with work from Cincinnati, OH to São Paulo and am now living in the Jardins area (near O Malleys for all you Irish pub lovers...). I have made some local friends already and am actively learning Portuguese, but would love to hear any advice or experiences you have in getting acclimated (good restaurants, bars, etc). Let me know if you're interested in grabbing a pint sometime!

Jonathan

Very old post...

moderation is on strike