Jakarta is raining

I'm just looking out of my office window from 17th floor. Amazing Jakarta in raining season like this. Full of traffic, can't find yummy food, still doing list of works. Lol.

Anybody can invite me for dining entertain? =D

Have a nice weekend everybody.

I'm in BSD at the moment and watching a terrible film rather than head home.

Lol, at least better at home than face the traffic

I can't leave the office yet as it's still raining out there and the traffic is unbelievable !

feligreen wrote:

Lol, at least better at home than face the traffic

Not all that much traffic in BSD at that time of night but, as most road users are totally mad, I take the long way home that avoids most main roads in favour of Jalan tikus.
It takes a little longer but I'm far more likely to survive intact.

Hi feligreen,

Please note that I moved the thread on the Jakarta forum for better visibility and interaction.

Have a nice day

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

I ride across the city rain or shine I don't care.  Never has taken more than 50 minutes to get home.  Best for me riding in the rain  as so many 4 X 4  vehicle drivers don't like getting their pride and joy wet and so wait for the rain to stop and that is when the traffic is at its worse.

The 4X4 twits are cracked.
I see them every day, trying to get their monster wrecks through roads that are fine for two motorbikes to pass but their lumps of junk can just squeeze through.
Even a bike can't share the road with the fools.
Of course, cars are also driving the other way so you can imagine the chaos.
Last week, three were trying to get both directions - they didn't but the motorbikes used the grass and went on their merry way whilst the loons in the cars, bootlessly attempted the impossible.

Umm, I use a 4x4, But I prefer my bicycle, fuel economy seems worse than a Sepeda Moto, (1 pocari sweat every 20km) but it is less polluting, you get to see more and it stops my belly getting too big.

Still the 4x4 is much nicer in the rain

feligreen wrote:

I'm just looking out of my office window from 17th floor. Amazing Jakarta in raining season like this. Full of traffic, can't find yummy food, still doing list of works. Lol.

Anybody can invite me for dining entertain? =D

Have a nice weekend everybody.

Its good for a change, feligreen.
Not hot as usual. Hehe.

Do u want to join us on the 24th for Sunday Spanish lunch?
Send me a PM or read my thread " lets get together" :-)

Annie

The worst thing is the shower first thing in the morning as the water is even colder than normal

agree, I can't never feel survive if there's no motorbike in Jakarta. Though most people hate us as motorbikers  >:)

lukereg wrote:

I ride across the city rain or shine I don't care.  Never has taken more than 50 minutes to get home.  Best for me riding in the rain  as so many 4 X 4  vehicle drivers don't like getting their pride and joy wet and so wait for the rain to stop and that is when the traffic is at its worse.

Wow, great idea to have a nice body shape :D I drive in the rain also sometimes, but almost can't avoid the flu effect after, though i have the rain coat.. Jakarta is always amazing >:D<

Well, next time contact me if you are bored and wanna dine out