DESPERATE

Hello

My previous company obtained Changsha Residence Permits for several teachers. Telling us they were OK for SZ, and that they would transfer them to SZ Residence Permits. They lied. Because of this my new company's application has been rejected. I have been informed by the PSB to leave China. I have lived and worked in China for 6 years. I have a wife and 2 year old son. They have no means of support except me.  Can I appeal the PSBs decision on compassionate grounds?

Desperate

I have no idea. Can you ask for such information from your consulate in China?

My friend's advice:

"The quickest way to fix this would be to move to another province for a while. No provinces are connected so they wouldn't know. He will need to do a new visa as if he never worked in china before and then, once he has a new invitation letter, go to HK to get his visa. He will need to make sure that the invite letter states that he will pick it up in HK."

Good luck

There are agents that can help you with this in SZ

Try this number... they speak English as well

0755-82231320

worraps123 wrote:

Hello

My previous company obtained Changsha Residence Permits for several teachers. Telling us they were OK for SZ, and that they would transfer them to SZ Residence Permits. They lied. Because of this my new company's application has been rejected. I have been informed by the PSB to leave China. I have lived and worked in China for 6 years. I have a wife and 2 year old son. They have no means of support except me.  Can I appeal the PSBs decision on compassionate grounds?

Desperate

I really can't help speaking dirty words.But I can't say it here,or this comment will be deleted by them.I really hate those shameful liars.Now I am full of anger inside.The officers will consider your compassionate grounds but you still have to submit documents they need.Yes,look for an agency for help as Kris suggested.Hope they can help you anyway.Good luck.

Berry

Ok- first, don't panic. There is a solution- but changing provinces wont help you as you REQUIRE a letter of release to obtain a new visa. (New laws, since July 2013.)

Forget agents, with the new law in place, most agents are no longer legal or qualified to help you. Several agents are currently obtaining visa's on the black market, then reporting you to the police for a fee. Don't risk it.

Have the new company issue you a letter of invitation for HONG KONG (first step) go get a fresh medical (second step), then go to hong kong to obtain new Z visa registered with new company. It's simple, straight forward and legal. If your new company doesn't know the procedures for issuing an invitation letter to obtain visa in Hong-Kong, have them ask their legal rep, he should know his way around this.

It does mean leaving China, but at least your not going very far- the whole process in hong-kong takes 1-2 weeks normally.

Good luck mate!

Tangqiuyue wrote:

Ok- first, don't panic. There is a solution- but changing provinces wont help you as you REQUIRE a letter of release to obtain a new visa. (New laws, since July 2013.)

Forget agents, with the new law in place, most agents are no longer legal or qualified to help you. Several agents are currently obtaining visa's on the black market, then reporting you to the police for a fee. Don't risk it.

Have the new company issue you a letter of invitation for HONG KONG (first step) go get a fresh medical (second step), then go to hong kong to obtain new Z visa registered with new company. It's simple, straight forward and legal. If your new company doesn't know the procedures for issuing an invitation letter to obtain visa in Hong-Kong, have them ask their legal rep, he should know his way around this.

It does mean leaving China, but at least your not going very far- the whole process in hong-kong takes 1-2 weeks normally.

Good luck mate!

Who issues the letter of release? Or is it necessary ?

The medical can be done in China or in HK?

I get the rest… pretty straight forward.

But 1-2 weeks in HK is a lot of money… unless you know some really cheap hotels or have a place to stay.

Kris

There are quite a few hostels you can stay at for cheap
hostelworld.com (private or dorms. Not ideal for dorms but generally quite clean)

The release letter needs to be given by the company who issued your visa.... So... the company in changsha... If you know who they are, you can probably try asking. That would prevent a trip to hong kong.

Medicals can be done in China.

Tangqiuyue wrote:

Good luck mate!

Hi,

What you are talking about is getting a new visa with the new company.Z visa is for the work permit.So you were tolding him how to get a Z visa in applying for work permit.This is all about saving money or time.Yes,it's legal,so what?And in fact the most straight forward and legal way is going back to his own country to apply for that Z visa.

The most important and difficult thing is applying for the work certificate.And then Z visa,work permit,residence permit will go fluently after that.Trust me,a legal and good visa agency will help a lot.

Berry

berrylew wrote:

Hi,

What you are talking about is getting a new visa with the new company.Z visa is for the work permit.So you were tolding him how to get a Z visa in applying for work permit.This is all about saving money or time.Yes,it's legal,so what?And in fact the most straight forward and legal way is going back to his own country to apply for that Z visa.

The most important and difficult thing is applying for the work certificate.And then Z visa,work permit,residence permit will go fluently after that.Trust me,a legal and good visa agency will help a lot.

Berry

Says the person working for a Visa agency....

I'm sorry, but my visa agency experiences have almost had me deported, so I cannot truthfully ever recommend using a visa agent. I've heard of a few people who had good experiences, but many more that haven't. Perhaps your agency is truthfully legal and well organised, but as a fellow expat, I couldn't recommend worraps123 to use an agent.

It's ok that you disagree- the fact is, there are no risks to doing a hong-kong visa run if the person qualifies for a work visa, and it's usually cheaper than using an agent who may or may not be working legally.

No offence meant, I'm just stating facts.

berrylew wrote:

The most important and difficult thing is applying for the work certificate.

If the company this person is applying to work for is legal, then the work certificate is a VERY straight-forward thing for them. It's part of the basics when owning a company who employs foreigners- 

The only time it's difficult to obtain the work certificate is when the company is not allowed to hire foreigners- then they have to illegally obtain it from another company, which puts this person in the exact same situation he was in the first place. Which is one no-one wants to be in.

Hi friend,
It's so funny for us to argue about whether visa egencies will help.I have seen so many people's documents be messed up by their companies' HR,or some ridiculous visa agencies.That's the reason I advised him/her to find some good and legal visa agency for help.And sad for your bad experience.
What he/she wants is a residence permit.And residence permit is only available after he/she get the work permit,right?So what's that Z visa for if you can't get a work certificate?Z visa is only alive for 30 days.
Berry

If I were worraps123, I would ignore all of the advice given here and talk to the people who work at the actual government visa office.

Getting information at a government office is daunting and often they are relunctant to help anyone. I work with an ABC employee of US/HK citezenship and they gave her no help what-so-ever. In the end she stayed at her grandpa's home in HK for a few weeks while she sorted out her work visa.

This website may be of help www.ekimmigration.com they are a legal HK based law firm with offices in HK, Singapore, Canada, GZ, BJ and SZ. If anything check out their website.

Please be aware that "yes" there are many shady agencies in China but not all of them. I know Berrylew very well and she's an honest agent working in a legal agency. She would never steer anyone into a dangerous situation with the law.

Kris

There is only one reason to tell people not to talk to genuine government officials.