Help needed trying to get moroccan husband in china

Hello everyone,
This is my first time on one of these websites so bare with me. I am canadian married to a moroccan who lives in morocco. I recently moved to Guangzhou china to teach. Its the second country I teavh in other than Canada.  The school I work for wrote an invitation letter for my husband ssying he is visiting a friend. We were told it would be easy like my visa. Well a week later and he was rejected. He needs to bring his bank statements, proof of 2 way ticket and insurance he purchased. We do not have this. They want a minimum of 3000 $ in his account. Are there any other ways of getting my hubby here? What if he got a work permit would itstill be necessary? Im waiting on my residents so I cannot send the Iinvitation letter. Please help. I need advice...I have not seen my husband in over a year and had thought moving to china would help us out.

What was required in order to get your hubby a visa into China is the usual basic necessities. The Chinese government is taking precautions that your hubby has a place to stay, is insured while in China as to not be a burden and return airfare to ensure he will depart. The 3000 is to indicate two possible reasons, 1) that is enough money to make him want to return home and or 2) if should something happen while inChina he can afford to "pay".

You may wish to seek other avenues such as finding an agent who can expedite your residency, or help him get a visa while abroad.

There is a member on this forum who might be able to give you some insight on visa acquisition. She's in Shanghai, but may be able to help. My granddaughter Berry is often on this forum... I suggest a member search and send her a private message through her profile.

Good luck,

On the other hand... its been a year... a few more weeks or months may be painful... but there is no reason why you cannot take a trip to Morocco during the Xmas break or Chinese New Year.

Kris...

Chinese visa policies are pretty reasonable.  It almost sounds like you're trying to get him in and keep him in China illegally.  Chinese officials pick up on that sort of thing pretty easily and that might be a reason he's having a hard time getting a visa.

It might not matter now, but I think moving to Morocco would have helped you out more than moving to China.

No I am not trying to keep him here illegaly. I want my husband to come visit and if he can find work then go through the normal procedure in apllying for work permit then resident. If not then he plans on returning. The reason I ask is there another way is because not everyone includong myself has 3-4000 $ lying around.

And I have lived in morocco and taught there before.

I lived in China last year and there are many moroccans living and working in China. They are either students or working for a company. You need to find out from Moroccans in Shanghai how to sort out a visa from Morocco. Unless your husband finds work and be sent a visa from China, many Moroccans also do business (like buying items and products and ship them to Morocco mainly from Yiu, again find out how it works as he could at least come and check if he can do this sort of business (export to Morocco) without having to sign contratcs or anything. I knew many people who do this and some don't like the products so they don't have to buy anything!
Good luck

Brandy,

I suggest you find an agent Guangzhou to help you sort this out. Several travel agencies can help obtain visas for expatriots in China and those wishing to come to China. Of course there's a heavy fee attached to such services of upwards 1000 USD for a 1 year multiple entry 90 day stay.

I know of such agents here in Shenzhen.

Kris

Hi,

This is Kris's granddaughter who is working for a visa company in Shanghai.First I have to ask that what kind of visa you are holding now.If you have a work permit and a residence permit here.Then things will be so easy.You can just let him come here with an L visa or whatever,then provide your relationship certificates.You can get him a residence permit as worker's family member in immigration bureau.

Any questions,I would be glad to answer.

Berry

Hello,
Thank you all for your help.
Im here on a visitor visa. I received my work permit but not residence. Because I live in guangzhou they said I would have to go back to canada first then apply for residence. I am not planned to go back till june and cannot afford to go during vacation. What you mentioned, That was the initial plan but when I got here found out guangzhou has slightly different ways. The school I work for is trying to find a better way to get residence now.

brandyfatemah wrote:

Hello,
Thank you all for your help.
Im here on a visitor visa. I received my work permit but not residence. Because I live in guangzhou they said I would have to go back to canada first then apply for residence. I am not planned to go back till june and cannot afford to go during vacation. What you mentioned, That was the initial plan but when I got here found out guangzhou has slightly different ways. The school I work for is trying to find a better way to get residence now.

Yes.you have to go back your country during applying for the work permit.This is the way you can get a residence permit for a year.It's a long term plan I think.

And why didn't your company just wrote the truth that he was going to visit his wife in that letter?And maybe you can think about other visas like M visa.Yes,asking for some visa information in immigration bureau may will help
Hope you will work out this problem soon.

Berry

Well because I am not yet a resident and still have S2 visa that it would be more difficult.  Would it be better when we do It again next month to say he is coming to visit me?
We are trying again in december this time with 2000 $ and a ticket reservation. He wasnt fully rejected it said he was missing papers.

Hi,
Yes.I think this reason is more reasonable.And preparing as much proof as you can to prove that he will go back is necessary.Are you going to apply him an S2 visa either?
Berry

hi there,
why don't you ask him to try to get M visa instead of L visa .It's pretty easy to obtain . wish you good luck.

Sido48, we were trying to get him the S2 visa not L, What is the M visa and what is the difference? As for myself i was told i need the Z visa. but were still trying. Going for my work permit friday then going to see to extend visa or apply for Z.

Hey Brandyfatemah,

I think keeping "us" up to date on your progess and concerns along the way is best. It'll give the readers an idea of where your at in your quest and as well will spark thoughts, ideas and maybe helpful tips for readers to write.

Good luck,

BTW... good pic!

Kris

Thank you Kris,
Well so far the physical went well and all my paper work seems to be in order but as far as i know im being told that i have to apply for a 6 month extension on my visa with double entry. During the month of  january or february i am going on a vacation to Malaysia. So that when i come back i will have 6 months here. In june-july when i return to canada that is when i apply for a Z visa so that when i return to china in august i can apply for 1 year residency. My husband and i are waiting till the first week of december he will have 1500$-2000$(canadian) in his account along with ticket reservation and insurance. We are hoping if all goes as planned he will be here around the 10th-15th of december and will start to look for employment for him. If he finds then we will start his process to stay here and work permit ect. If not when i return for the summer in canada he will acompany me and be able to do his papers with mine as a spouse who is planning to live with me while im abroad. Still doing research if there are other ways but this seems to be the best and least expensive.

So here is the update, I am absolutely frustrated!!! My husband got refused a second time this time saying that 2400 $ is not enough he needs to have minimum 3000 $ and it needs to be in his account for a minimum of 3 months, we had a friend write the invitation letter because i did not have my passport. I am going to pick up my visa tomorrow and it is supposed to be a 6 month F visa with one entry. Does anyone know if my husband can come as a spousal visa S2 if I have an F visa. All I want to do is see my husband :( this is so irritating and upsetting!  Or does anyone know of any french or arabic jobs he can get where they can assist in the visa? Even a service that can help that os not expensive! I really miss him and to detemine if we stay here he needs to see how it is.
Thank you in advance

From last many many days i am coming through your posts, and thinking all went good but always i  end up by seeing you are still seeking for a help.

Ok, I hope i will explain you in details and in a easy manner.

First Stop Applying for L Visa if you dont have $3000, As its one of the requirement for visa.

Example : If your husband gets into illegal activity in china, All his documents will get checked (At least We Assume) Even the Visa officer will be questionable that how he had granted visa when a applicant does not have required documents.

Secondly, Apply for M visa (Business Visa).Its easy to get. And requirements are not much. He needs Invitation letter from any company in china. You can get this easily from any visa agencies within china.

M Visa is also extendable. And he can try to get 1 Year Multiple Entry, say for every 60 Days he need to leave mainland china and Touch Hong Kong in morning and return by Noon or next minute.

Requirement for M visa :--

1. His pictures
2. Passport.
3. Invitation Letter
4. Others (Not Important)

Most Importantly i can see that he is applying himself personally for visa. Why not take some Visa Agent help in Morocco ? It will be most easy for you guys with out any burden.

If you Have any questions, post freely i will get back to it.

Hope it helps.

Hello thanks for the post. We disnt apply for an L visa it was an S2 visa and the inviter said they will have financial responsibility. We wanted to try what you mention but cannot find a company or a job. The visa agents charge ridiculous amounts and we cant afford this now.

stop bothering yourself so much about that, look for a university get a student IV and send it to him, with less than 1000rmb you can get that, and when your husband get here you pay for six months, less than 6000rmb too,then he can live and study chinese for the period of six month, morealso use this period to get to know little about chinese culture and way of life, and also look for job during the same period, I think thats pretty cherper and easy. if you are interested in that, let me know I can suject some university the document required and people you should meet in the university that can help you so easily. Goodluck.

Hello kayode
The thing is i am here with a school and got the F visa to stay for 3 months with 2 entry. I want my husband to come visit. A friend provided the letter of invitation but was told we need 3000$ not 2400$ and it has to be there 3 months. I could go and see him during the spring festival but again the ticket cost is high and i want him to come to china. I want him to visit and if he wants to stay and likes it here that is when we take the next step and apply to renew or find a job or university.

anyhow you want it goodluck, but am very sure they will not give him visa base on individual invitation, there must be a good reason why he should come to china. and morealso if he come in with F visa, he can only stay here for just one month and go back, no way to extend F visa again. so the easiers way is for you to go back, and meet him as people do advise you, if you feel the cost of him coming  here is too much.

You are much confused that you are not able to understand things. You are working here on F visa and you want your husband join you on S2 Visa.
Why you are trying to get husband in china here related with your visa, why not apply independently.

I have a strong feeling that even you would get black listed in china for S2 case & Working on F. If you had Z visa you can easily had invited your husband on Spouse Dependent visa.

$3000 limit ---- its not applicable for business(M) visa  :mad:

M visa can be extended here or he need to Apply for Multiple Entry Visa.For say 60Days he need to leave mainland china and have a visit to Hong Kong. Even by Train he can go to Hong kong from Shenzhen.

Ok, let me know how much are you willing to up, i will introduce an agent for you. He will Assist you in making documents for M visa. Then your husband can apply it.

No im not im trying for him to come related to my visa we did apply independently and it didnt work. And I am not working I am learning to teach english to chinesse students im here with a school from canada. We cannot get a z visa from china I would have to go back to canada and cannot do that. My question is. Is it easier for my husband to ask a s2 visa if I am the one who supplies the invitation letter?

No dear, until you dont have Residence Permit you cant invite him. So please look into where exactly you are making mistake. As Thousands of people are everyday getting visa around the world.

P.S : M Visa is Best i Still say that