I want to know some info about taking master degree in saudia arabia

assalamu alaikum. i am a new member of Expat.com. i want to take my master degree from saudi arabia. i have no idea about the universities of saudi arabia. i am a bsc engineer of mechanical engineering . would anybody help me ?

Tasruzzaman Babu wrote:

assalamu alaikum. i am a new member of Expat.com. i want to take my master degree from saudi arabia. i have no idea about the universities of saudi arabia. i am a bsc engineer of mechanical engineering . would anybody help me ?

Welcome to Expat-Blog.

There are very limited options for further education specially for a person with credentials like yours. Most local universities don't enroll expats, even if they do, the fees is beyond general affordability. And then credibility is just one more of the issues.

Your best bet would be to go for any masters program online. Again, something I don't suggest usually :)

Online Masters are not recognised usually. Dont waste your $$$.

i will not take my degree in online . u show me the way plz...

vramakr wrote:

Exactly.

Tasruzzaman Babu wrote:

If you came here asking us our opinions of or experiences with Saudi universities or a particular university or degree program, sure, we could help you.  But what you are saying basically is "give me a list of Saudi universities and what programs they teach".  Surely, you know how to use google, no?  Wikipedia has a list of Saudi universities as well, and so do many other sites, with direct links to their home pages, where you can explore the programs they offer.

Anybody can enroll in a private university, locals and expats.  In government universities, foreigners can only study at master's level or higher, so yes, you can study in any Saudi university.  For engineering, the best universities are:

KAUST
KFUPM
Al Faisal U

Google search for their names to get their websites, and as I said earlier, google search to get a list of all Saudi universities.

By the way, how will you study here?  Will you quit your work?  As far as I know, they don't offer part time or evening programs.  Also, you didnt say what city you are in, and what you want to study.  Anyway, het a list of universities, then research the programs offered by each.

vramakr wrote:

Not recognized by the Saudi authorities, you mean?  Or not recognized in general?  If the first, we can't help that, if the second, that can be fixed by studying in accredited programs from actual physical universities, and not universities that exist only online.

Great stuff!!!

Two things here:

1- Let him check and get back to us with the fee amounts. Imho, it's better to go to any university in UK and do on-campus masters at half the cost. That's what I pointed towards in my very first reply.

2- HRs usually in KSA don't regard any online degrees. On-Campus is the only thing recruiters consider. That's a very well spread and followed trend that can't be changed.

Distance degrees from brick-and-mortar universities in the US don't mention the mode of education on the degree itself.

As for fees, I don't know about other universities, but KAUST is free for everybody, and also gives you a stipend plus fully furnished free housing.

assalamu alaikum bro. my CGPA is only 3.10. do i have any chance to get myself admitted in any well saudi university if i have an IELTS score 6 ? my department is mechanical engineering. however, i searched in KAUST. they want high average CGPA (3.7). plz, help me providing important info or link