Sponsor problem

Hi all I am a South African English teacher my contract is expiring this year and I want to move on to another school my sponsor is refusing to transfer and making my life very difficult what can I do?

Sk1ppy wrote:

Hi all I am a South African English teacher my contract is expiring this year and I want to move on to another school my sponsor is refusing to transfer and making my life very difficult what can I do?

Ask the new school for a visa. Go back home on final exit and get back on the new visa. Needless to say, keep the plans and progress secret.

What if my old sponsor somehow found out would he b able to do anything to stop me am I tied to him in anyway because I have worked my full contract

Sk1ppy wrote:

What if my old sponsor somehow found out would he b able to do anything to stop me am I tied to him in anyway because I have worked my full contract

It depends on your current contract & terms you have with your current sponsor. If you have signed a non competitive agreement or if its present as a clause in your contract you cannot work in similar field for a period not exceeding two years.

If you haven't signed anything like that and left on final exit and came back on a new visa, even if your current employer comes to know about it, they wont be able to pursue anything against you.

And you are not tied to your employer since you have already finished your contract. You can leave as per the terms specified in the contract.

My contract states that I cannot in the same city for a school but they are in breach of contract as I did not get some of the stuff I was promised so would this count for anything.if I do how ever come back in on a new passport and work for a school would it work.does final exit mean that they have to cancel my iqama?what if I just exit and don't return to them next year with a new passport could that work

Sk1ppy wrote:

My contract states that I cannot in the same city for a school but they are in breach of contract as I did not get some of the stuff I was promised so would this count for anything.if I do how ever come back in on a new passport and work for a school would it work.does final exit mean that they have to cancel my iqama?what if I just exit and don't return to them next year with a new passport could that work

If your employer has breached terms of the contract then it should be documented and a case should be filed. Then only it will serve the purpose that you seek, as a reprimand. Just b'z he breached the contract does not mean you can end the terms in your own way. You are still bound by the contract.

You cannot come back in new passport, it used to be possible before the finger printing started, now that they take fingerprints before you go and when you arrive for the first time (again) your records will already be in the system and this will amount to fraud. And this will not help even if you leave without cancelling iqama, you cannot re enter for a period of two years and if they find that you used a new passport to get back in,its straight to jail and then deportation with a ban.

So safest way is to final exit and come back on new visa.when taking final exit they cancel ur iqama if I understand correctly

- Your employer's failure to fulfill the terms can be challenged in court. But it won't yield you anything useful regarding your move on to the new employer,.

- Yes, final exit includes cancellation of iqama.

- No. Going back on an ERE (Exit Re-entry or say vacation) visa and not coming back would be a bad move. An automatic 2 years ban on entry in KSA will apply.

Sk1ppy wrote:

So safest way is to final exit and come back on new visa.when taking final exit they cancel ur iqama if I understand correctly

Yes.

Thanks for your help last question though,what if i ask for the final exit but they only give me exit re entry and say I dnt need to re enter that means my iqama would be pending with them,is there steps I can take to ensure I get final exit

Sk1ppy wrote:

Thanks for your help last question though,what if i ask for the final exit but they only give me exit re entry and say I dnt need to re enter that means my iqama would be pending with them,is there steps I can take to ensure I get final exit

Since you have fulfilled your contract, you have the right to get final exit.  You can say this to your employer and ask specifically for final exit. If they refuse you can go to the labor office and they will give you final exit via passport office.

But make sure you have a new visa to come back from new employer before you do this, if planning to come back.

Hi Sk1ppy,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new discussion has been created with your post on the Saudi Arabia forum for more visibility and interaction. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Good day I am a South African teacher working in Jeddah and would like to find out if I take a final exit can I return back to the country on another schools visa without my previous employer giving me letter of no objection