Flag Football (American Football) in HCMC

I'm looking to join or maybe even start some organized flag football games. If anyone is interested let me know, there's some decent fields in District 2 that can be rented out (shouldn't cost much if we can get a decent sized group).

Thanks
Jason

jdorien wrote:

I'm looking to join or maybe even start some organized flag football games. If anyone is interested let me know, there's some decent fields in District 2 that can be rented out (shouldn't cost much if we can get a decent sized group).

Thanks
Jason

You got a ball?

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=307510

I have a small one, not full size but I'm sure we could find a ball.

jdorien wrote:

I have a small one, not full size but I'm sure we could find a ball.

I've tried finding a ball but wasn't successful since American Football isn't popular here (not sure if it even exists).  Wild_1 is in the States and will bring me one when he comes back here. 

If you have a ball, then we should go hang out and throw some long bombs.  That'll get some locals interested in the "new sport" and we can introduce them how to play.  Flags would be too cumbersome to manage so just do the two hands tag deal that we learn in middle school. 

I'm in Vũng Tàu and there are some beaches out here we can throw the pigskin around.

That would cool, I'm in HCMC and I don't go to Vung Tau very often. If you're ever in HCMC send me a message.

I'll let you know of any more people want to get together and play a game.

THD wrote:

we can introduce them how to play

You do have a lot of time to burn!

Wild_1 wrote:
THD wrote:

we can introduce them how to play

You do have a lot of time to burn!

Because I don't have access to Fartbook, I waste spend my time here on Expat-Blog.

Howie was being sarcastic that teaching a Vietnamese will make you pull your hair out. So you need lots of patience to teach them hence Howie's comment that you have lots of time.

facebook.com/groups/412608118865834/

They play thursday nights

keno2 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/412608118865834/

I just said I don't have access to Fartbook.  So is this group American Gridiron Football group or a soccer (yes yes the rest of the world calls it "football") group?

Howie was being sarcastic that teaching a Vietnamese will make you pull your hair out.

Khanh, how did you read my mind???  :top:

THD wrote:

Flags would be too cumbersome to manage

How about just stick your t-shirts into your shorts? 

Don't tell me you are the type that would shove the whole thing in there, literally???  :idontagree:

I suggest you pick a different sport, THD.  I will take all your lunch money in football, the REAL football, that is.  :lol:

Wild_1 wrote:

THD wrote:

Flags would be too cumbersome to manage

How about just stick your t-shirts into your shorts? 

Good idea.  We'd get a good number of girls to come around and watch our masculine bronze muscles ripping in the setting sun but .......probably can't get them to play though.

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
keno2 wrote:

I just said I don't have access to Fartbook.  So is this group American Gridiron Football group or a soccer (yes yes the rest of the world calls it "football") group?

Was replying to original poster and not you.  And yes, the group is playing American Gridiron Football as that as what this topic is about and what original poster asked for.  I can read.

keno2 wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:
keno2 wrote:

Was replying to original poster and not you.  And yes, the group is playing American Gridiron Football as that as what this topic is about and what original poster asked for.  I can read.

I'm sure you can read.  But like I said, I don't have access to fartbook - for some reason my ISP blocks me from that site.  Your post requires someone who to access fartbook to know what you are talking about.  The only sentence I can reasonable get from your post was that "They play thursday nights."  So hence my confirmation question.   

You could easily say "They play American football on thursday nights" to make it clear.  If you we replying to a specific person, use the "Quote" button.  Otherwise, it's understood as talking to the whole wide web.