Free travel to Gozo weekend.

Maybe some would like to take advantage of this?

http://gozonews.com/41829/free-gozo-cha … -november/

redmik wrote:

Maybe some would like to take advantage of this?

http://gozonews.com/41829/free-gozo-cha … -november/

Its always been free to travel to Gozo.

Its the travel to Malta that you pay for and it doesn't say that part is free!

tearnet wrote:

Its the travel to Malta that you pay for and it doesn't say that part is free!

:)

So, is it a free return or not? Does anybody know it?

That was humour from Terry because in usual practise one only pays for one's ticket upon departure from Gozo to the mainland.

Quote from Gozo News. A reminder that next week the first ever ‘Free Travel to Gozo' weekend will be taking place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of November, with free Gozo Channel trips for passengers and vehicles, (excluding commercial vehicles), between Friday, the 15th at 7.15pm and Monday, the 18th at 01.30am.

I am confident that the travel will be free in both directions.

Since they have done up the terminal on the Malta side, you now pay in Malta, before you travel over.

Hi Caroline,

you can now pre-pay your ticket on departure only if you are a foot passenger and if there is someone selling tickets (not always the case).

All cars and car passengers and holders of the Carte Anzjan cannot pre-pay and pay or receive their free ticket on the Gozo side for the return trip.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky, yes, I should have said for foot passengers only!

coxf0001 wrote:

Since they have done up the terminal on the Malta side, you now pay in Malta, before you travel over.

News to me :-)

Its all a bit of a farce on the Gozo side.
Drive up and get a ticket, drive another 2mtrs and hand the ticket to a man who has just watched you purchase the ticket!

What's that all about, job creation?

O I M.....

tearnet wrote:

Drive up and get a ticket, drive another 2mtrs and hand the ticket to a man who has just watched you purchase the ticket!

Not really, one sells the ticket which can be used at any time but the person with the machine scans the ticket to count souls on board and sort out the loading. It's not just in Malta/Gozo.

redmik wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Not really, one sells the ticket which can be used at any time but the person with the machine scans the ticket to count souls on board and sort out the loading. It's not just in Malta/Gozo.

If you can use the ticket at any time how do you get out once you have driven past the ticket booth?

tearnet wrote:
redmik wrote:
tearnet wrote:

If you can use the ticket at any time how do you get out once you have driven past the ticket booth?

Park elsewhere rather than in the queue lanes?

Passengers cannot buy prepaid 'Gozo Resident tickets'
Extract from Gozo Channel website below.

'Customers may also purchase pre-paid tickets at any time from Mgarr - Gozo or from the Company's office at Sa Maison during office hours. This facility does not apply to Gozo Resident Tickets.'

Also,what would be the point of buying a prepaid ticket for car and passenger when you would still have to queue at the barrier to be let through even if you had a ticket?

Ray

the pre-paid tickets are aimed at foot passengers

Update. I think this is very generous of them and I hope it is appreciated.
Gozo Channel has said that the company will operate a shuttle service, during the ‘Free Travel to Gozo Weekend,' to provide the best service possible to the public.
The ferries, the company said, will operate with full capacity and will provide a day and night shuttle service if it is necessary. The weekend offer starts on Friday evening,
The first ever ‘Free Travel to Gozo' weekend is taking place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of November, with free Gozo Channel trips for passengers and vehicles, (excluding commercial vehicles), between Friday, the 15th at 7.15pm and Monday, the 18th at 01.30am.