Help for a keen student!

Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently and undergraduate at the University of Portsmouth. I recently finished an internship at an engineering company in London where I worked as an expatriate administrator. As I have now returned to university, I wanted to base my dissertation on expatriates - and their personal experience.

I think this topic is not highlighted enough academically, so many students are unsure about expatriates and what it really means to either manage overseas workers or what it takes to accept an assignment abroad.

It doesn't matter of your age, background, profession, length of time abroad, whether you were assigned or self-initiated, or whether your experiences were positive or negative. I would just like your experiences via a questionnaire.

Thank you all for your time, and I hope to receive some positive responses soon.

Anita.

In my experience, questionnaires are usually crap.
This doesn't suggest the idea is totally rubbish but the questions are usually so.
This is because most are designed by people who have done no research before deciding upon the questions to pose.
Now the second problem.
These things are commonly posted on forums and are generally so crap, bad tempered people like me rip into them and the OP like a  wolf who hasn't eaten a sheep in weeks.

mas fred wrote:

This is because most are designed by people who have done no research before deciding upon the questions to pose.

Bingo.  The questions are always written by people with no experience in whatever they're asking questions about.  It's like if I wrote a questionnaire about North Korea.  There would be a lot of questions about chickens because I always picture North Koreans as using chickens for currency.

I will like to be a friend so that we talk more, am sure i can help a little. Thanks
    Leonard.

Hi Leonard,

Maybe you can share your knowledge and experiences on the forum itself so as the other members can beneficiate from them? :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

what can I help you with?
Peter

[Moderated: pls send details in private]