Finding Accounting Jobs in Malaysia

Hi All,
I am expat presently working in Middle East country and like to move to Malaysia. I would like to know it is possible to find an accountancy job in Malaysia. I have diploma level qualification with 15 years of experience.
Please advise me.
Regards,
Ruwan.

Hi Ruwan,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please can you give us more details Accounting job offers in Malaysia section, this might be helpful. Thank you. :)

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Not great chance you sound too junior. No degree not professionally qualified. Locals after ten years who are qualified get 5k in big companies. Some qualified accountants from the west get jobs (rarely) but most will be qualified accountants working in some kind of business consultancy role as experts not as accountants. Unless you find a company that needs your local expertise/language in that case far more plausible

Ruwan,

I grew-up in SA, Alkobar too. However you may try jobs in Malaysia and most of MNC (multi-national) companies they hire peoples based on the experience - I got my previous bosses who were too senior than me and joined from ground-up (out from school) - depends on how smarter you are:). Worth trying... try jobstreet.com.my

Good luck!

thanks rasai

It would be better to search out the accountancy companies that are represented in Malaysia and their websites.  Using commercial job searches are not very successful as a person is usually not able to apply as they do not have permission to work.  The other issue is that the person cannot attend an interview.  International companies are more interested in recruiting specialized expats and have permission or the appropriate size and investment required to enable them to do this. i.e only certain companies in Malaysia can hire expats:

http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … for-a-post

You could also check out some of the major international reruitment companies such as Michael Page:

http://www.michaelpage.com.my/job-list. … id=&email=

thanks Gravitas.

good idea