Recomendations on places to visti in Bangkok and Phuket!

Hey there,

I am travelling to Bangkok and Phuket during 22nd Nov to 1st Dec for 10 days,

since it's my first time to Thailand, really want to hear out where you would

recommend to go since most of you have been based here quite long, I assume

you will be the most qualified and experienced group to give recommendations!

Looking forward to hearing from your thoughts!

Cheers

Hi Bella. I have a few place to you can visit in Bangkok.
1. Pak khlong talat flower market : full of colors and scents, this place same as a spring garden.
2. Rama IX Park : a large green space area and many interesting area...
3. Wang Lang Souk Cuisine : have many delicious dishes and good price.
If you like to hang out, shopping , eating out at night You can come a few night market.
4. Night market Khao Sao,  Patpong- Silom,....: have many various souvenir items, bar, massage, karaoke,... You can take a taxi to come there, any Thai people know this place.
5. Khlong Thom Market in Chinatown: here you will have the opportunity to buy unique and unusual items.
Hope you have great moments. :)

Dear Kim,

Thanks very much for your quick and very very helpful reply, I have a list now!

Big thanks!

Bella

Hi Bella,
As Kim stated, there are many nice places to see in Bangkok.  Don't miss the Grand Palace, or the floating market.  The best way to get around in BKK is by motorcycle taxi or Tuk-Tuk.  They can get through the traffic a lot easier.  Just beware that if you ask a Tuk-Tuk driver to take you to a tourist place, they will most likely take you to a place that they have a contract with and get paid for the customers they bring in.  It's a little side business that they have and normally not a place that you would want to go. Just beware of it and tell them 'Where' you want to go, don't take thier suggestions.

Phuket is a beautiful place, and has lovely beaches.  Don't forget to go on an Island tour by boat.  They have many there and you can find brochures at any hotel you stay.  It's been many years since I've been there, but always think about going back... some day.

My next trip will be (I hope) to Beijing.  Would love to hear your thoughts on places to see there also.

Hope you have a very enjoyable trip to Thailand, The Land Of Smiles.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for your very useful tips and suggestions.

For your upcoming trip in Beijing, i would recommend these places below to visit:

1: Great wall Mutianyu or Gubeikou part if you haven't been, less less toursty and nicer view.

2:Forbidden City

3: 798 art district where originally was an old and abandoned factory, it is now an art district with a lot of gallaries, art centre and artists studios. A lot of foreigners' most favorite place in Beijing.

4: Hutongs i would recommend 2 nice hutongs that i like the most: one is Nan luo gu xiang南锣鼓巷 which is a very lively and 800 meters hutong with traditonal chinese souviner shops, beijing snacks, bars etc.
Another is :wu dao ying hutong 五道营 which is less busy but also very nice with traditonal chinese housed surrounded, and close to Lama temple which is another place you may want to go!

5. Jingshan park and Beihai park:
   Jingshan park is at the north of forbidden city, at the centre point of    Beijing where you can overview the the whole forbideen city and BJ!

Hi dear friend

I sent your some mails but they did not sent and have eror

Post errors

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:

bella_21 inbox is full, you can not send your message to this user.

if you like you can add and send me message in facebook

my email in facebook is   [email protected]

thanks

Hi,

Should be ok now.

I do not have facebook account, sorry.

Bella

Hi!
I would definitely check out some of the temples. Wat Pho, Wat Saket (Golden Mount). Jim Thompson House is nice especially if you are planning on checking out MBK (big shopping mall with lots and lots of stuff) and the BACC (Bangkok Arts and Culture Center). They are all near each other.

Chatuchak Market (often referred to as JJ Market) is on the weekend and nice to wander around.

I'd definitely plan on bringing your appetite since Thai food is so delicious!

I have plenty more advice and tips. Just let me know!