Looking at Jeddah as my next destination, from UAE

Evening all,

As the title says, I am thinking of taking up a position with an International Company and being based in Jeddah. They want me to start ASAP but early next year is my preferred start date.

I have been in Dubai, UAE for 9 years now and looking for pastures new. Never been to the Kingdom before but sounds exciting as a career challenge and from a personal perspective. I have heard and read, both good and bad things about the Kingdom but you take it for what it is, an opportunity to learn. Jeddah it also appears is the destination of choice when looking at moving to the kingdom.

Yes, I know it is not the UAE with all the false trappings and on the face glitz and glamour, thats why I do not love it here - it has no soul, no culture or much history.

I have a few questions which I will be asking in the correct sub-forms.

What am I into: cars & driving new roads, scuba diving, gym (if I can drag my sorry rear-end there), movies, cooking, reading, snowboarding.

So, go easy on me when I ask questions as I am sure they will have been asked before, but as with most forums, topics gets sidetracked very easily and often the answers to questions asked never get answered! hahahahaha

it has no soul, no culture or much history.

I was born here and I would say it is true of this place too to almost the same extent as in Dubai.  At least Dubai provides you with clean, smooth, and adequate roads, clean neighborhoods, a zoned organized city, public transport, activities and special interest clubs, parks, and nice beaches.  I couldn't care less about all the malls and glamor.  What do you get in Jeddah?  10% of the glitz and glamor, *without* that list of things I mentioned.  So it fails in both respects.

Welcome to Jeddah... soon!

yorky500 wrote:

So, go easy on me when I ask questions as I am sure they will have been asked before

It's your responsibility to READ READ READ before asking questions or we're not gonna go easy on you :P  Be forewarned!!  Oh, and welcome to EB :D

Alliecat wrote:
yorky500 wrote:

So, go easy on me when I ask questions as I am sure they will have been asked before

It's your responsibility to READ READ READ before asking questions or we're not gonna go easy on you :P  Be forewarned!!  Oh, and welcome to EB :D

Thanks Alliecat, I shall take your warning to heart hahahahaha

Nice welcoming Allie, hope he does nag you a lot.:P

HRGuru wrote:

I am not one for coming onto forums and showing thew world what package I am looking at and then asking if OK or not. I do a lot of my own research, more general stuff I can find, its the specifics and the ways of the land that sometimes can catch you out.:cool:

HRGuru wrote:

:dumbom: