Documents needed for my step-sons dependent visa

I would like to know if I can sponsor my step-sons (my wife's sons – 10 & 8 years old) on a dependent visa? Their father is alive and I got a letter from him as he has no objections to the sons to staying in Kuwait, and also a document from court in Egypt that their mom has the education custody.

Good day Sameh

From my experience the most important thing appears to be having the letter from your step children father (stamped, attested, etc.). 

I am in/was similar situation last month and was told I could not bring my step daughter to Kuwait. They directors at Farwaniya and Ahmadi immigration office said she is not my daughter hence not possible.  Even though we had a legal doucument stating that her father has not been around, could not be found a we are responsible for her.  My daughter has been with us in UAE and Oman before so it was a shock to be told this.  I am now seeking some help.  Hnece on this forum now. I would like to know what are my options and how to get my compnay to pay for boarding school for my daughter as that what we have been forced to do. 

Anyhow hope for the best. Aparrently some families bring in their step children with little problems. But its erratic.  You have the permission letter from thier biological father then you should be OK.

Mario

Dear TriniMario

Good day for you,

I already has a letter form their fathers that he allows them to live in Kuwait with their mom, also I have documents of education custody and also his no objections

Hi Mario,

Any new in your step daughter dependent VISA? I'm waiting till the residency of my wife be stamped in her passport then will apply for my step sons' visa. I Will keep you psoted.

Have a nice day

Sameh

Good day Sameh

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately we placed our daughter in boarding school back home. We plan to stay in Kuwait until July next year then moved.  The issues of trying to persuade government officals is too difficult when I do not speak Arabic and they have not taken the time to read our legal documents properly (translated). Too much going to this one and that one. Also my daughter need to be in school. She already missed half of the first semester of Grade 9. I am still trying to get my company to pay for the boarding.

All the best.

Mario

Just a note to other expats thinking of bring step-children here. 

Do not come unless you have some written garauntees from you company that if your children is not allowed in to have some alternative plans. According to the office of  Sheikh ( or is that major or officer, some high rank offical) Faisal at the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait City, step-children, born of the wife is not allowed in the country. This has been so for a few years now. Rubbish. Wife daughter not yours so not allowed.

Before I came to Kuwait I did not fuss about having a step-daughter as she was with us in Oman and UAE.  I did mentioned she had different passport form me and was told this would not affect the school placement. Others, South Americans and Europeans have thier step cildren here. Your passport says a lot apparently. 

After last year October/November debacle we had no choice placed my daughter in boarding school.  After attempting this year again. I could say the process and policies are subjective rubbish. One female offical at Farwaniya said I had all documents, salary and other reasons (wife with baby here) to get a visa and suggested that I go to Kuwait City (Big soldier Faisal at MOI). She could not understand why the director at Farwaniya said no. Got lost and ended up in Shuwaikh and the director there said no problem with my documents but I need approval from Ahmadi or Fawaniya as my civil ID is based in Ahmadi and Farwaniya is above him. Ahmadi said no and Farwaniya said no. Wife child not yours.

If my wife gets a job and sponsors our daughter, my status at my company change. Another set of issues (hire maid, change apartmetnts, etc).

Despite having all legal documents, even a letter from the embassy here, to say that I am responsible for her we cannot get into the country. The reasoning is questionable. I did ask to see the rules as it relates to step-children but have not been shown them. As far I see its up to immigration department. I reget not getting a USA passport when I was younger.

Another thing to consider when coming to Kuwait. I wished someone had told me this before.

Very good note. Actually I'm going to leave this country. Poor roles and laws.

its amazing the things you learn about bureaucracy in Kuwait, i am sorry for both you gentlemen's problems.