What is the update process and price for visa

My helper did stay here with me for 1.5 years till now , we keep renew the visa every 3 months , , anyone know how can I do a year visa for her ? Heard about if cross aboard to Cambodia can do 6 month or 1 year visa , anyone know the update procegers and price ? Million thanks :)

MrsRamos wrote:

My helper did stay here with me for 1.5 years till now , we keep renew the visa every 3 months , , anyone know how can I do a year visa for her ? Heard about if cross aboard to Cambodia can do 6 month or 1 year visa , anyone know the update procegers and price ? Million thanks :)

Maybe you need to sponsor her for a work visa?

MrsRamos wrote:

Việt Nam stopped giving out 6-month and 1-year VISAs a while back.  I know this by reading America's Visa policy since it is contemplating discontinuing it's 1-year VISA for Vietnamese citizens in "reciprocity". 

http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant_visas.html
In the future, the United States may start issuing only 3 month validity visas to Vietnamese tourists and other visitors to the United States because this is the length of visa validity that is typically issued to United States citizen visitors to Vietnam.

The duration of validity for U.S. nonimmigrant visas is based on reciprocity (what another country grants a United States citizen for a similar type of visa). Currently, we are issuing Vietnamese citizens 12 month visas.

We continue to hope the Vietnamese Government will begin issuing United States citizens 12 month validity visas so that reducing validity for Vietnamese citizens, which will negatively affect many, can be avoided.

MrsRamos wrote:

Is your helper a Chinese citizen or an ASEAN member citizen?

Tran Hung Dao wrote:
MrsRamos wrote:

Việt Nam stopped giving out 6-month and 1-year VISAs a while back.  I know this by reading America's Visa policy since it is contemplating discontinuing it's 1-year VISA for Vietnamese citizens in "reciprocity". 

http://vietnam.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant_visas.html
In the future, the United States may start issuing only 3 month validity visas to Vietnamese tourists and other visitors to the United States because this is the length of visa validity that is typically issued to United States citizen visitors to Vietnam.

The duration of validity for U.S. nonimmigrant visas is based on reciprocity (what another country grants a United States citizen for a similar type of visa). Currently, we are issuing Vietnamese citizens 12 month visas.

We continue to hope the Vietnamese Government will begin issuing United States citizens 12 month validity visas so that reducing validity for Vietnamese citizens, which will negatively affect many, can be avoided.

I think you will find many other countries, ( Aus/NZ for sure ), also only issue 3 month Visa's.

She is a phillipino , she just go boarder to get 21 days free visa , and looking for more information can make 1 year for her , Thabks for information)

MrsRamos wrote:

She is a phillipino , she just go boarder to get 21 days free visa , and looking for more information can make 1 year for her , Thabks for information)

The 21 days is a VISA-exemption because the Philippines is an ASEAN member (ASEAN members give each other free passage into the other's country for a certain number of days).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/Updated_Philippine_Visa_Free_Requirements.png/750px-Updated_Philippine_Visa_Free_Requirements.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi … o_citizens

So your helper just jumps around ASEAN Countries...like go to Cambodia, then go back to Việt Nam, 21 days up, Cambodia, then Việt Nam. 21 days up, go to Cambodia, then back to Việt Nam.  Repeat cycle?

I posted above I don't think Việt Nam offers a 1-year Visa anymore.  The max is a 3 month duration (with extensions). 

If you want a year, you'll have to get her a Work Permit and a Temporary Residence Card for her to stay over a year.

Thanks for the information.  I m asking cos I heard there can get from Cambodia , but it's ok.  I will just extend 3 Months for her next time. But always good to have a year visa .

MrsRamos wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I m asking cos I heard there can get from Cambodia , but it's ok.  I will just extend 3 Months for her next time. But always good to have a year visa .

What's with your new avatar picture with the Starbucks cup?  Are you going for the "status" look?   oooooooo aaaaaaaahhhh.  To an American Expat, it doesn't mean anything since we have Starbucks on every street corner.  It's like drinking water.  Ok next.

Haha , cos im not from US , and finally have Starbucks here , even the taste was bad and no butter scone !