Best area for 27yo fella to move too?

Hi guys, I'm strongly thinking of upping sticks and relocating somewhere for possibly 6mths or more and have set my sights on Malta as a strong target.

I plan on moving from Ireland and playing online poker as my main source of income while in Malta so all I need is a reliable internet connection.How much for a reliable connection? What set-up fees are associated etc.

So a few questions to start.

What locations would you recommend for a single 27yr old to move to?

I'd try to find a balance between somewhere with decent number of bars/restaurants/activities but without the tourist prices. I'll not have a car so will need to be reasonably accessible by public transport/cabs.

I'll be looking for a 1 bedroom flat/apartment. Who are the most letting agencies?You can include a few links if you like. What common traps/mistakes should I look out for dealing with Maltese agengies?

Anything else you think I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance, all input appreciated, Dan99.

The farther away from central Malta the better and cheaper.Try Birzebbuga for the cheap life,sun, sand but no sex as all the chicks are farther north.
I'm with Melita for internet as I found Go customer service very poor.
Keep your head down and all will go well.Avoid other ex pats like the plague until you know what is what.

I'm living in birkirkara as a 28 yr old and i'm really liking it-it's not in tourist land but there are good bus connections to tourist land and the associated swanky bars and restaurants.

There is another thread already on letting agents. Personally I quite enjoy the expat get togethers on friday nights.

Mate St. julians is the best location  in malta... many bars... chicks and very nice location near sea! if you interested ther's also a very good link for apartment.... also internet costs reliable yet not so expensive....