Advice for getting rid of scorpions.

As someone who comes from the southern US I have never dealt with scorpions before coming here.  They freak me out and despite killing one per day this week I am not getting rid of the problem.  My landlord has someone come and spray once a month but that does not seem to be doing the trick.

Keep in mind I have a dog in the house so my options are somewhat limited but if you've dealt with these nasty things before tell me what you did to get them out of your life.  Bonus points if you can tell me what store sells whatever you got to fight them with.

Gosh, Cory - I'm stumped! Only once in all our years here have we encountered a scorpion - 20 years ago when we lived next door to what is now the George Hicks High School on Walkers Road. I don't even remember how we got rid of it. For a do-it-yourself remedy there is always BOP, available at supermarkets; it kills cockroaches, which are pretty hardy creatures. Otherwise you might phone PestKil on Walkers Road. They are the best killers of creepies and crawlies - excellent people in all ways. Animal House up on North Sound way might have something, or Uncle Bill's, perhaps. But I'm just guessing.

I'm really sorry I can't help you more than that. One a day - Sheesh!

Good luck!

All hail the mighty Chicken. We had some scorpion in our place. Our cat easy disposed of the little flat 3" long Brown critta who lived under the dishwasher . I have also been told that chickens (Roosters) can get rid of them as well(willingly) . Hope this helps. The one problem with the cat method is that he or she may want to give you the almost dead Scorpion as a pressy whereas the chicken is not so considerate.