Vaccination

I was wondering if we need to be vaccinated before travelling to Malta since it is recommended if travelling to Tunisia and Malta is quite close to Tunisia and is Mediterranean. Any answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I believe no vaccination is required for travlling to Malta however shots for Whooping cough is recommended if travelling during the winter season and Meningitis shots during summer time. Hope it helps.

zidaninpoland wrote:

I believe no vaccination is required for travlling to Malta however shots for Whooping cough is recommended if travelling during the winter season and Meningitis shots during summer time. Hope it helps.

That's news to me!

This is advice if travelling from UK and I don't think you will be any different.

Immunisations
Confirm primary courses and boosters are up to date - including for example, vaccines required for occupational risk of exposure, lifestyle risks and underlying medical conditions.

Courses or boosters usually advised:   none.

Other vaccines to consider:   Diphtheria; Hepatitis B; Tetanus.
Yellow fever vaccination certificate required if over 9 month's old and coming from an area with risk of yellow fever transmission. No certificate of yellow fever vaccination is required for travellers having transited through the airport of a country with risk of yellow fever transmission.