Beach and coast of Manabi Ecuador

I am a retired Boston Police Officer and have been living In Portoviejo, Manabi, Ecuador for 15 years. I have visited all the coast of Manabi Ecuador and I love it here better then the hills of Cuenca and Quito. Manabi is the best place to retire if you like the Beach life.(Moderated: no personal details please)  Paper work for visas try gringotree.com/cuenca/directory/premium/legal-advisor-accountants/  They speak english.  Check out this for beach life in Ecuador http://ecuadorbeaches.org/es

Thanks ROberto,

I appreciate the feedback.

Judy

If I can be of help to you just ask

I liked the coast better than the highland cities too.

So I'm asking you Roberto, our biggest concern about that part of the coast was the lack of water. In your 15 years have you experienced difficulties with the water delivery infrastructure?

It looked to me like the public utilities in general in Ecuador were pretty shaky.

Yes you are right sometimes the electricity goes down for a while and the water has gotten better we get two to three days of water a week on the beach but in Portoviejo we get water everyday

Hi Roberto Rosado,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for the sharing. Please feel free to participate in the other discussions on the Ecuador forum.

Thank you

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Your Welcome and nice to meet you

If water is an issue then sewage also might be an issue. How is that dealt with where you are and other towns along the coast?

Also is the water that you get potable? Is bottled water available?

Hello I have sewer and water where I live which is Portoviejo, Manabi, Ecuador. Portoviejo is the capital of Manabi. Manabi has lots of Beaches and on the beach you dont have water and sewer but the people down here build wells and septic tanks and they have electrical generators for when the electricity goes down.

Yes we have lots of businesses that deal with pure drinking water. They sell bottle water at $1.00 US for 5 gallon bottles and we have water systems that clean the water for drinking

I was wondering about the specific coastal towns and cities(you call them Beaches) Do they have one system for the whole town or does each house have it's own septic and water system. I live in the capitol city and sewer and water are provided by the city.

The towns along the coast of Manabi dont have water and sewer. Crucita just got water but they still need sewer. Each house has to build a well and septic tank. In Portoviejo we have water and sewer provided by the city. If you wish tell me which town you are interested in and I can help you:)Have you read a post by bryan on the everyday cost of living in Cuenca Ecuador  https://www.expat.com/en/guide/south-am … uador.html

Not interested in living in Cuenca. Am thinking about Canoa. What is the situation there with water and sewage. Bahia is another option, probably large enough to have these services provided by the city. How does Portoviejo compare in size to Bahia. You mentioned that you you get water 2-3 days a week. Is that because it is rationed ie. not enough for everyone all the time.

Portoviejo city is the capital of Manabi Province over 300,000.00 living here and yes we have Americans here too. The water and sewer is not a problem here. We have enough for all. Now on the beach front people will need septic tanks for sewer and wells for water and a generator for when the electricity goes down. Canoa has no town water and you will need a septic tank sewer.Bahia has 37,000.00 people and has water and sewer provided by the Town. I will be more than happy to help you when you come down. We can visit all the towns along la Ruta del Sol which is all along the coast of Manabi you can call me at my Magic-Jack  phone in USA 617-942-3352