White Australian woman moving to Isolo in Lagos

Hi All,

I am going to be visiting Nigeria this Christmas and will be staying in Isolo in my boyfriend of 2.5years family home. If any Nigerians or expats living in Nigeria could give me any advice or guidance it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey dear, Are you coming alone or with your boyfriend? It really depends on how close you are to your boyfriend's family, if you are not really close, I will advise you get a hotel and lodge there but visit them in their home.

But if you are coming with your Boyfriend, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay there.

Thanks dear :) I am coming with my boyfriend we will be travelling there together, I know his mum and brothers very well as we have talked over the phone and internet for around 2 years already. They are more the laid back type of Nigerian parents but still somewhat traditional at the same time so I understand that there will be certain rules to follow and cultural things to get accustomed to which my boyfriend is assisting me with already. We will probably stay with them mostly but also take time out and rent hotels sometimes too.

Okay cool! Happy for you dear. They will take good care of you then. Have fun, enjoy and experience every moment you spend in Nigeria.

Just try and be cautious, be more respectful, Nigeria parents love that in their son's wife. :)

the Nigerian girl right, Tradition usually because the guy's mother does not like white woman that took her son, you would not understand it for now, Try to be with him in Nigeria.
Also there are issues of electric power and if they do not have a generator you will not sleep a lot of nights, in the area you're going to live in is not so safe,  but i  tell you at the end only love will win.
I've been married 20 years with  Nigerian Woman
arie

Thanks dear... I appreciate your advice :)

Hi all
please advise iam from asian country.iam working in lagos  .i want to bring my girlfriend from philleapn to nigeria.what is the procedure.how she get visa.please advise
Thanks

The procedure would be to contact the nearest Nigerian embassy for the information regarding a visa.
An online search may give you some information as well.

Thanks your reply