Renting tips

does anyone have a list of tips for renting a property long term - whats the normal process. costs lead-in times etc.

Hi,

It is fairly simple to rent a property in Cyprus. Firstly, I would recommend that you use a registered and licensed real estate agent.

I would also recommend deciding on an area fist and looking at what amenities are close by. If you are renting an apartment ask how much the communal charges are.

Utilities are always transferred into the tenants names and there are charges for the connection. This would be for water, electricity, telephone/internet and also local municipal refuse collection fees.

It can be done very quickly once you have found the right property and agreed the terms with the landlord.

This is my industry so if you have any specific questions please let me know.

Regards
Maria

i have heard that it can take upto 8 weeks

We can complete on a rental in 24 hours if the property is vacant and ready to be moved into, and as long as both tenant and landlord agree there shouldn't be any delay.

The only time there may be a delay is if there is an existing tenant in the property and they need time to move out.

A sale of a property doesn't even take 8 weeks!