WARNING: Sponsorship/Financial Assistance for US Visa and Visa Lottery

ATTENTION US CITIZENS AND LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES:

Every year the United States government offers a 'Visa Lottery' in the hopes to diversify the United States workplace further.

Be advised, people will try to coerce, solicit or otherwise beg for sponsorship under this program - specifically the I-134.

This form requires you to declare under penalty of perjury your unconditional support while the visa holder is in the United States. Many times applicants apply and automatically assume they have received the visa. It is not that simple.

If you are solicited or coerced please notify the US Department of State with any relevant information by calling +1 (202) 485-7600.

All entrants are required to support themselves through their own personal and known connections. The visa application process strictly prohibits applicants from requesting sponsorship or financial support via. persons in which they are not familiar.

If you have any questions please send me a private message.

Thank you.

UPDATED: - 26 DECEMBER 2013

Regardless of the persons intent to request visa sponsorship you all should be very aware of the consequences that follow if you sponsor someone. It is a SERIOUS commitment and not one to be taken lightly. The following paragraphs are taken from the I-134 Instructions PDF and relate to responsibilities and penalties:

http://digitaldocs.naiptel.com/sponsorliable.jpghttp://digitaldocs.naiptel.com/sponsorpenalty.jpg

Matt V. - Manaus, Amazonas, Brasil
Visit my Personal Blog - brazilbs.blogspot.com

It is also worth noting very carefully that signing this affidavit not only obligates the declarant financially for the complete support of the individual being sponsored, but also the declarant guarantees that the individual being sponsored will leave the United States on or before the expiry of the permitted stay in the country. Pretty heavy responsibilities for which the sponsor can be sued.

Or held criminally liable for lying under oath.

Thank you for doing this.  I said I was going to, but recent events made that unlikely.

I will link this topic to anyone asking for some stranger to sponsor them.

Updated 12/26/2013

hello, thanks for the advice , i am a stranger and i do believe in every word you guys said , yes it is not that easy to find out or at least track the person you are willing to help or sponsor , i think sponsoring someone means someone you know or at least you fully trust if trust has a lot of meaning and definitions nowadays .

best regards

tarekitsme wrote:

hello, thanks for the advice , i am a stranger and i do believe in every word you guys said , yes it is not that easy to find out or at least track the person you are willing to help or sponsor , i think sponsoring someone means someone you know or at least you fully trust if trust has a lot of meaning and definitions nowadays .

best regards

Exactly. And now with the Internet it makes it that much harder to trust someone. I'm not saying you can't find a sponsor online because I myself have sponsored an ex and in the process of sponsoring my spouse both of whom I met online. However, several visits occurred, along with (unknown to them) thorough international background investigations through Kroll. That was more to protect my wallet than to keep them from overstaying or committing visa fraud. That is something the government addresses. My swindled bank account is my own problem should it have occurred.

Form I-134 is in itself unenforceable, still not sure why they even use it.

It's form I-864 that has the doomsday effect. Not saying you should go ahead and lie on any government form, they will eventually find out.

It is my opinion that filling out a I-864 for a stranger is one of the riskiest thing for one to do financially.

Evekaral wrote:

Hello,
my name is Eve found you here today and needed to have a conversation with you, and share an information with you, I do not know you very well, but through your profile. Contact me at(evekaral/@/hot/mail/./com) so that i can get back to you with more details about me with my photos. Please do not write on the site write me here in my email address (evekaral/@/hot/mail/./com)

Looking for a life partner in Kenya, Istanbul and USA?
not a dating site

VillageHeadMaster wrote:

It's form I-864 that has the doomsday effect. Not saying you should go ahead and lie on any government form, they will eventually find out.

It is my opinion that filling out a I-864 for a stranger is one of the riskiest thing for one to do financially.

The question is, who would be stupid enough to do it? Apparently some people.

usmc_mv wrote:
VillageHeadMaster wrote:

The question is, who would be stupid enough to do it? Apparently some people.

Must be true love

Please do no send me a private message asking me to sponsor your visa. Copy and paste this here:

translate.google.com

Now i am refugee in Malaysia,my process going to US as refugee is ok,so,Can i get lottry visa to US easier than waiting refugee process?if yes i will a pply diversity visa

Abdi fatah Ahmed wrote:

Now i am refugee in Malaysia,my process going to US as refugee is ok,so,Can i get lottry visa to US easier than waiting refugee process?if yes i will a pply diversity visa

See Above

I read through the descriptions considering the digital image you need to send with the greencard lottery application and it didn'T say anywhere that it needs to be taken in a photo studio professionally. But with the image rules they give eg white background, right angle, sharp, no distracting things in face, etc it does sound a lot like the kind of photographs that you need for visa application.

Has someone already went through this process and can tell me if I need the professional american visa "portrait" taken or really just a homemade shot and then later (if i win) I need to get the professional photo taken?

Pimpelina wrote:

I read through the descriptions considering the digital image you need to send with the greencard lottery application and it didn'T say anywhere that it needs to be taken in a photo studio professionally. But with the image rules they give eg white background, right angle, sharp, no distracting things in face, etc it does sound a lot like the kind of photographs that you need for visa application.

Has someone already went through this process and can tell me if I need the professional american visa "portrait" taken or really just a homemade shot and then later (if i win) I need to get the professional photo taken?

I already posted an answer in your other post about the same topic. I also posted a link to the photo validation tool on the US State Department website. Yes, people have successfully applied using a picture they took themselves. No, you don't need a professional. If you feel more comfortable doing so, then go see a professional.

Hi, I would like to advise my boyfriend about this lottery. When and where can he go to do this?  He is in Algiers, Algeria.

femme34 wrote:

Hi, I would like to advise my boyfriend about this lottery. When and where can he go to do this?  He is in Algiers, Algeria.

Everything is explained in the following link. He can also apply online:
US Department of State, 2016 Diversity Visa program

This is starting to get off topic.

:offtopic:

I think the visa lottery runs in all country but to my understanding mostly in Africa nations, participant are also advised to have sponor towards it

Hi Guys!
I'm currently looking for a Sponsorship in IT (in the L.A. area). I already have a place to stay, I'm just looking for a company to hire and sponsor me so I can work and apply for a green card.
Do you know some people looking for IT Technicians in L.A. ?
Thanks!

I would like to say a very big to you for the info,very helpful
My question is,i have a friend in the USA who wants me to come for a visit,he has been to Ghana two times together with his wife,the connection between us is very tight,when i say connection i mean to say,(TRUST) and he is aware of this Form i-134,and i do NOT intend to stay upon the expiry of my duration or whatsoever. do you think the Form i-134 should be sent to the American Embassy in Ghana as well as a copy to me? can you please enlighten me on this

Please recommend the best possible way to get Visa sponsorship

HELLO,my nane is Taufic
   Thank you for this important information. Two of my friends did it five years back but just like you mentioned.till toaday we are confused and I  never wanted to get involved in the lottery.But if you can assist us now.can I have the direct link to register?and how do we go about it.we only have on e relative now in the US.But frankly speaking,we don't have his contract but we can get it if the need arises.
Thank you very much.