Issue: Family Visa vs Visit Visa

Dear Members,

I have a unique issue which I am facing related to bringing my family here in Riyadh. So here it is:

I am working on Engineer Iqama and I have to bring my wife and kid along, however my wife is expecting these days and the delivery is expected in end of Nov or start of Dec. I have to go and bring them along so the options are:

1. Go back to homeland in Dec (if delivery is in dec) send the docs here through an agent here in Riyadh and get the visa stamped and bring them along [This can take alot of time and might not get holidays enough to do all of this]

2. Stay here till I have the birth certificate translated, attested and passport is done. My family sends the docs here and I do the process here, get the yellow slip and go back to homeland and bring them along

3. I bring them on visit visa and apply for the Iqama visa [I dont know what are the steps to do this, please guide]

I would be more than obliged if someone helps me on this.

goliathx47 wrote:

Dear Members,

I have a unique issue which I am facing related to bringing my family here in Riyadh. So here it is:

I am working on Engineer Iqama and I have to bring my wife and kid along, however my wife is expecting these days and the delivery is expected in end of Nov or start of Dec. I have to go and bring them along so the options are:

1. Go back to homeland in Dec (if delivery is in dec) send the docs here through an agent here in Riyadh and get the visa stamped and bring them along [This can take alot of time and might not get holidays enough to do all of this]

2. Stay here till I have the birth certificate translated, attested and passport is done. My family sends the docs here and I do the process here, get the yellow slip and go back to homeland and bring them along

3. I bring them on visit visa and apply for the Iqama visa [I dont know what are the steps to do this, please guide]

I would be more than obliged if someone helps me on this.

You could mix n match option 1 and 2..

Hope all goes well.

thanks shehryar am also thinking to bring my wife on visit visa and then apply for iqama visa once she is here....how is that as an option?

goliathx47 wrote:

thanks shehryar am also thinking to bring my wife on visit visa and then apply for iqama visa once she is here....how is that as an option?

Say, you get her here on a visit visa. On obtaining the family (permanent) visa, she'll have to go back to get it stamped. Visa are not converted.

Option-2, though it's time taking.

Exactly - TLL said it right - you cannot go for third option as both your wife and child will have to go back to your home country to get it done.

I would also recommend going for second option.

Okay thanks :)