Move to Ireland

Hi

I'm hoping someone could shed some light on how my husband and I can move to ireland. We both EU passports due to our parents mine being from the nothern Ireland area and him being from germany. We would like to move over to the south of ireland. We both work in the IT industry me in web developement and GIS work and him as an IT technitition hardware and some networking.

I have added my CV on to the ie job sites but don't seem to get much response other then automated messages. I kind of feel that I'm not getting any proper responses as we are still in south Africa. My husband would prefer if even one of us could a job there so long that it might make things alot easier to move there. But he does not want to leave until one of us has a definate job.

can anyone please help on some information on how to go about starting to move forward there.

I think you should search jobs on websites like
jobs.ie
gradireland.com

or you can get the services of recruitment agency.

I have searched on the one job site called jobs ie and have posted my cv there as well as get emails of latest jobs from them. I then apply to some of them with a cover letter and send my cv to them but I only seem to get automated messages that it has been reiceved and that is all. will check out the other site though.

I'n not to sure if they are not replying because of the fact that I'm still in south africa and it says so.

Do you know of any recruitment agencies I can get intouch with?

Yes I know it is very difficult to get the job while living in another country.
There is sigmarrecruitment and other you can find on google.

But if you are realy serious for your relocation, why not one of you move to Ireland and arrange job for both.

You both are in IT related field and you both can easily get job.

Thanks kayadeel.

As with having one of us move there and get a work for both of us.

we have spoken about it, my husband seems to worry that it might take a year or 2 to get everything sorted but I think he is think along the lines of getting a house and all as well.

I don't think he like the idea of one of us going first. But maybe will try to talk to him again.

Job hunting is quite difficult in Ireland at the moment.  It was in the news recently that there are 26 applications for every job advertised so you are unlikely to get anything but an automated response.

I would recommend using job sites such as irishjobs.ie or monster.ie or indeed.ie and applying directly to employers rather than agencies and I would avoid posting your CV expecting to be contacted.

Hi Siobhan24,

Have you already tried to post your CV on the IT & Telecommunications jobs in Ireland section? It may help you in your job hunting ;)

Thank you and good luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

You might try this website:  computerjobs.ie/job-index/

Last month in The Irish Times the creation of new IT jobs in
Ireland was announced. Don't know when this will be implemented,
though.

good luck!

Hi Siobhan,

Because you and your husband are both IT professionals looking to move to Ireland - I think it should be relevantly easy for you to find a job in Dublin or Cork. Tech talent is hugely in demand in Ireland with new jobs announced every few weeks or so and the list of unfilled vacancies increasing rapidly. In Cork alone it is estimated that there are over 500 open vacancies in the tech sector alone - it is one sector that really does seem to be booming in Ireland.

Make IT in Cork makeitincork.com (for the Cork region) and makeitinireland.com work with tech sector companies to find talent - you can submit your CV to the database or apply for jobs directly.

I work in the tech sector in Cork myself and if I can be of any help please get in touch :)

The best of luck with your move!

Siobhán