Offered a job at an investment bank in Manama

Hi,

I have a job offer for the role of senior associate in risk management at an mid-size investment bank in Manama. They are offering me around 1350 BHD/month, all inclusive (plus medical insurance). From my research, I understand that the cost of living for me will work to around 900-1000 BHD/month. I am coming there with my wife and a kid of 2 yrs from India. While doing my research, I thought that this role should pay atleast around 1700-1800 BHD/month, I thought I would confirm this understanding and other thoughts you might have on the package. I am an MBA in Finance from a premier Indian business school and also hold a CFA charter. I have around 4 yrs of experience in credit risk and investment analysis. Please advise. Thanks.

The cost of living really depends on your lifestyle but with a family of 2 kids, including the accommodation, I would say at least 750BD is required.

Having been working for a financial organisation, I would say your salary could be a bit higher than what you have been offered. Therefore I would give it a go with negotiating a bit more if you can.

Hi Brighton Guy,

Thanks for your reply. Can you provide me some more insights based on your experience in this sector as to what in your opinion would be a competitive salary range for this role. Thanks much.

I would say anything above 1500 would be advisable.

I agree with brightonguy , you should push for more , however i know few Indian friends here who are CA and making similar money at your experience  so try to negotiate as much as you can , but dont miss the the offer , Bahrain is good place for finance professional , lot of opportunities and good pay structure , you can switch later.

I too am from the financial sector and can tell you that you can get much more than their offer.

BD1,700 upwards. With an MBA and CFA, don't settle for BD1,350.

Best wishes

Thank you for all the responses. My offer has been increased marginally and I have decided to take it up. :)

Hi deep83. Thanks for the update. Best wishes in your new job. I am sure you will enjoy living and working in Bahrain.