Skipper in Mauritius

Can someone please advise ..

I have a Skipper License from UK - international for pleasure craft,  and I wish to know if this would be acceptable to skipper a private pleasure boat in Mauritius. I intent to retire in Mauritius and have a boat for pleasure private use only.
I would appreciate it very much if someone could advise me on this. Thank you

Kind regards to all..

nav56

hello I am Mauritian living in France and I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO DO A BOAT PERMIT THERE.

Hi nav56,

Please contact the Tourism Authority for more precise information.

Tourism Authority
Level 1, Victoria House
St Louis Street, Port Louis

Tel. (+230) 213 1740
Fax. (+230) 213 1745
[email protected]
www.tourismauthority.mu

Cheers.

hi Jeenauth,

thank you for your response. Yes I do understand that I need a permit to have a boat .. but I need to know if I my skipper license from UK would be acceptable for the authority in Mauritius.

regards

As i understand it, if you are a non resident sailing from international waters on your own boat you can use it as a visitor in Mauritius for up to 3  months after registering with the port authority and providing them with various documents.

If you plan to retire here and have a residence permit, you will need to contact the tourism board as mentioned above and get a mauritius skipper license, you can't live in Mauritius and operate any leisure craft without a Mauritius license.

Send an official letter to the Tourism Authority with a copy of your skipper licence. They will tell you if its acceptable or whether you have to run through some tests to get it adapted to Mauritian laws.

Nasrullah has given the full contact details in his post