Moving to london, infos please

hello,
we are thinking to move to london with my husband.
can you please tell me, how much money we may need per month?and which part of london is cheap but safe for renting a flat, and also to be near to the tube?

also, ca you tell me(if u know), shall we look for jobs before we move or when we arrive to london?

also, what are chances for both of us to get a job, he is cook-chef, and i hold BA in arabic language and MA in history and civilization, also i am qualified to teach greek. i am serbian native speaker and he is greek.

also, can we look for a job while we are in london just with tourist visa( i need a visa since i am not european), but what about him?
and , also,how is it going later on with fixing working permit?

thank you a lot in advance.

if you are looking at renting a flat it could cost you over £1000 per month. possibly cut costs by renting a room.
try rightmove.co.uk

finding a job can be very difficult, you may end up doing things you never expected to do as many well-educated who move to uk end up doing. try local job centres as a start:
jobcentreplusuk.co.uk (the link does not seem to be working.)

i hope this helps

Local Jobcenters are a good start to looking for a job in London. You might find it quite difficult in this current economic climate but i'm sure you will find something soon.

In regards to if you need a working permit or visa, i'm afraid you do if you are not from the EU. You did mention that your husband is greek. That should make you eligible to work in the UK since you are married to someone from the EU, that is, assuming you have done all the necessary paperwork.

I think i would disagree with the previous reply on the rent cost. You could find a one bed flat in London in the range of 650 - 800 pounds if you look hard enough. London is expensive but you have to know where to look. Rightmove.co.uk is a good website too as previously suggested. Good luck.

slt à tous je suis algerienne et je me rend à londres pour 4 jours est ce qu'il ya des algeriens labas pour m'aider?? merci

Hi samdz13, could you please post on the french version of the forum? Thanks