Brand New to Kuwait

Hi everyone,

My name is Shadab and I have recently joined a leading automotive company in Kuwait, based on the 4th Ring Road in Al Rai.

A little background info......Although I am an Indian citizen, I have been living in Saudi Arabia all my life. So I'm hoping the move to Kuwait will not be too much of a culture shock comparatively.

Anyways, I am hoping to move to Kuwait by the end of the year and have a few queries regarding the accommodation.

1) I have been searching online for places to live. A decent 2BR apartment is costing anywhere between KWD 400 and above. However, the prices mentioned on the forum state that its possible to get one under the KWD 300 range. Are the prices online more expensive than in reality?

2) How may I go about looking for an place to live as soon as I land? For example, is it possible to live in a Service Apt. until my paperwork is sorted? If so, I need to know approx. how much will that set me back monetarily as I have to budget for all these things?

3) The Company is providing me a car. May I use my Saudi driving license there until I get my Kuwaiti licence?

4) Lastly, it would be really great if someone can guide me through the entire procedure after landing there. I am not talking about getting my paperwork sorted as the Company can take care of that, but of the actual living conditions/scenarios that may be expected.

I look forward to your replies. I have been following this website since I started my conversation with the Company and its a real great job that you're doing, especially for newcomers like me.

Thanks a lot.

yes online rent deals are more expensive as they are seen to be Superior to the others in some kind providing additional facilities to the tenants.

you will have to search for it,driving around to get a good deal.i would suggest you should look somewhere in farwania as it is close to alrai and also affordable rent available there.

you should probably ask the company about your temporary stay or else will have to takeup room in hotel for few days.

dont try driving around with saudi driving liscence as traffic rules are made very strict and the cops are looking for clues to suspend your liscence or get you out of road as there are many traffic problems here.