Midwives in Oz?

Hey everyone! I'm currently finishing up my B.Sc. in Midwifery and am looking to move to Aus! Does anyone know what my chances of getting a job, visa etc would be? My boyfriend will be coming with me and looking for work as a teacher, are there many jobs going in this sector?

Also, in Ireland midwives deliver the majority of babies and work unassisted, does anyone know if this is the case in Aus or is it led by doctors? Thanks guys

Check out www.immi.gov.au for visas and information regarding the skilled migration list.

The following link may be of interest to you:

http://homebirthaustralia.org/statistics

Home Births are not as popular in Australia as they are in Ireland or the UK, however, there are still a lot of women who are choosing this option. According to statistics, Western Australia is the State that has the most home births per capita.  Many large urban hospitals also have Birthing Centre facilities where midwives and family members provide a "home birthing" experience but with the advantages of being located within a hospital environment just in case something goes wrong.