Hemus motorway

When the Hemus motorway Sofia - Varna is finally completed which I guess will happen one day! The following villages if it takes the proposed route may be subject to continual traffic rumble so if anyone is looking here please take note.

From the Sofia end:-
Beglezh
Nikolaevo (Pl)
Aleksandrovo (south)
Chavdartsi
Krushana
Daskot
Paskalevets
Sushitsa
Gorski Senevets
Nikolaevo (VT)
Kamen
Popovo (north)
Makariopolsko
Panayot Volovo

I think these may be the worst affected, depends on the lay of the land how the noise travels of course.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Could I ask where this information came from as I can't find any updates on the villages which might be affected by this planned route.

Regards

AJ

I don't suppose there will be any updates. I have a map with the proposed motorway route on it and having had experience of how traffic noise and the low pitched rumble travels , especially at night when all else is quiet, I just thought it may be something that potential buyers should keep in mind.
All the best.
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your speedy reply, do you have a map that shows the villages affected by the new motorway?

Regards

Andrew

I had a map in October when I posted that, I think someone has 'borrowed' it as I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I should think the proposed route will be marked on all the new maps.
I do remember that it passed Pavlikeni right on the junction of the Pavlikeni - Butovo road where the turnoff for Nedan is Because that is probably where I would connect with it. If you look at the two villages Varbovka and Daskot and draw a straight line across the top of both that's about where it may go.
But it may have changed, best to see if you can find a new map with it marked.
Snow's all gone 24C here today.
Ian

Thanks Ian,

If you come across any new info please post or add to my website pavlikeni.weebly.com

Regards

Andrew

Enjoy the fine weather, we had snow this morning :-(