Apply greencard in denmark while on tourist schengen visa

Dear all,

my name is Devlin, and I have a quick question. I am wondering if it is possible to apply for a danish greencard while under the schengen tourist visa?

I just finished my masters degree in london and I think it will be easier for me to apply the greencard in denmark, since my girlfriend is already living in copenhagen. And my uk visa will expire in Jan 2014.

in some websites it says it is not possible, however the official website states that

"Submitting your application in Denmark

If you are legally residing in Denmark, you can normally submit your application in Denmark and have it processed.

You are legally residing in Denmark if you are visiting Denmark on a valid visitor's visa or visa-free stay, or if you already hold another valid residence permit.

If you submit your application in Denmark and are entitled to have it processed, you may stay in Denmark while your application is being processed. This is called procedural residence. In other words, you can stay temporarily in Denmark while it is decided whether or not you can be granted a residence permit."

I would really appreciate any feedback and any help. Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 7 years, and for the past 4 years we are separated most of the time possible only to meet once a year.

Thank you in advance.

Hi eisenschilda,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to read the article The green card in Denmark, this might help you find out some more information.

Thank you,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Legally residing means you already have a Danish Residence Permit and have a registered CPR(registration number). A tourist visa is not considered as legal residence. You have to go back to your country of current residence and apply from there.