Youtube blocked in HCM?

I got my internet connection hooked up in my new place in PMH and see that Youtube is blocked here 80% of the time. I've lived in Can Tho and other cities and this was never the case--just Facebook and a few random sites I don't visit often.

I was told maybe it was the internet provider, that some block more sites than others? Anybody else have this issue?

Im in Vung Tau and have no problems with Viettel.

No problems with VNPT down here in Hau Giang:

https://www.youtube.com/?ie=UTF-8&tab=w1

Hi,
I have been living in HCMC for a long time and have never seen this situation since youtube was launched here.
Maybe it's because of your slow internet speed or virus-infected computer causing interruption or because some channels are not permitted to view in Vietnam.
What convinces you that youtube is blocked in your computer?:)

It's definitely blocked, since it works fine when I run it through a proxy extension on Chrome. Just curious if it really was internet provider, if that's the case, I'll be switching. I just chose this one since it was already here from the last renter and just put it in my name.

Thank you all for the help. I had never heard of Youtube being blocked here, so it came across as really odd to me!

So who is your internet provider, then maybe someone using the same system can reply.

try to use other browsers, or clear the cookies, history...bla bla :)

It's strange news with YouTube :D
Facebook met this problem sometimes!

hi,
sometimes it is caused by the anti-virus program you using.
Maybe you try to remove this program, then check again.

Hope this is useful for you,
good luck!

hi,
sometimes it is caused by the anti-virus program you using.
Maybe you try to remove this program, then check again.

Hope this is useful for you,
good luck!

:blink:

I personally would not remove the antivirus program. Instead, disable it, then check the sites which are not accessible.
If you find your antivirus program is causing it, then you may be able to change the settings on the software to allow these sites..

if you remove your antivirus, your pc/laptop will be un-protected from viruses!

hope this helps.. :)

Thanks all for the help! I appreciate the suggestions but those were exhausted before I posted here. Only thing I can think of is it could have something to do with using Ubuntu instead of Windows, otherwise just seems to be plain blocked! So odd, I'll be switching to Viettel, I see the office is right outside and that is what I have used up until I came to Phu My Hung.

Thank you all again, I feel better knowing I can go back to wasting time on Youtube soon, since it's not blocked for you guys. :rolleyes:

What is the Internet provider which you are using?
I am using Internet to watch many things in youtube for years and it has no problem.
I just got expereience of Facebook was blocked before, but then change to Google DNS there will not problem.